Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no Crawford for Forfar, and Docherty 50/50 which i assume means wont be risked. If the funds are there to bring in a keeper, i'd much rather it was spent on getting some defensive midfield cover on loan or something, as these longish term ones are eventually going to cost us.

2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Third and Final part of my Michael Moffat interview. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/12/30/michael-moffat-100-goals-and-counting-part-3/

The Moff talks about his return to Ayr and their title chances in League One this season. 

All the Best! 

Hope you've let him go as it's all hands on deck for us today.

Why would he need rested? He didn’t play against Airdrie. 

Given his injury record and the fact that he’s only part time, two games so close would be pushing it for him.

That team today should be good enough to see off Forfar.

Get Lee Robinson in on the 1st and start him against Stranraer and get Jordan Hart to f**k.

Absolute pathetic attempt at palming the free kick away for their 1st goal and terrible positioning for the 3rd.

His weaknesses have somewhat been covered for a large part of this season due to the good defence but with the defence going to shit in recent weeks his weaknesses have been fully exposed and are now costing us.

Just now, rb123! said:

Get Lee Robinson in on the 1st and start him against Stranraer and get Jordan Hart to f**k.

Absolute pathetic attempt at palming the free kick away for their 1st goal and terrible positioning for the 3rd.

His weaknesses have somewhat been covered for a large part of this season due to the good defence but with the defence going to shit in recent weeks his weaknesses have been fully exposed and are now costing us.

tbf, we've had weaknesses from day 1, clinical finishing has bailed us out regularly, they've got a fighting spirit so I wouldn't go into total meltdown just yet, get the right 2 in and we'll be fine.

Going to try and remain as calm as possible because I’ve got a habit of having knee jerk reactions but 2 weeks ago we were 8 points clear albeit having played two more games than Raith and the title was ours to lose but our last two games(Raith winning also) has meant the gap is now down to 2 points with Raith still having two games in hand. AFAIK these games are Albion Rovers (H) and Stranraer (A). With Raith’s 100% record at Starks I cant see anything other than a home win and with Stranraer cost cutting and getting rid of key players (Ryan Wallace has already departed) I can see them winning down there also so they’d be 4 points ahead. Things at that point would then look pretty bleak. We need to get out this mini rut we find ourselves in and quick. I’d say we can’t afford to drop any more points as if the gap widens( anymore than the expected 4 points discussed) then I think we can concede the title.

Seems Jordan Hart was  at fault for at least two of the goals today and people wanting him replaced. Obviously Lee Robinson has been mentioned on the SRE Facebook page and I wouldn’t be averse to getting him to at very least to provide competition for Hart. 

It was a collective fuckup today,  three goals in the last 15 minutes, at home,  against a bottom of the league part-time team, who, as far as I can remember, scored with every shot  they had on  target.

Any leeway  the team had was used up  in the Airdrie defeat, that today was just utter bobbins.

I defended Hart earlier on but if Robinson is available I’d get him signed up straightaway. Both the first and third goal was easily avoidable.

Also need a midfielder as we were non existent today until Adams came on and even then he wasn’t that great.

It's not just Hart.  The centre backs are absolute powder puff when it really counts.  It didn't matter so much when the midfield and forward line were running over the top of teams, but now that we need the defence to step up and grind out a few results, we're screwed.

McCall didn't help with his pointless substitutions.  Bringing on McGuffie when you're trying to see out a game was just mindless.

It's not just Hart.  The centre backs are absolute powder puff when it really counts.  It didn't matter so much when the midfield and forward line were running over the top of teams, but now that we need the defence to step up and grind out a few results, we're screwed.
McCall didn't help with his pointless substitutions.  Bringing on McGuffie when you're trying to see out a game was just mindless.

McDaid was going by the Forfar fullback every time he got the ball. McGuffie comes on and goes back the way or gives the ball everytime.

You have to wonder if McDaid and Shankland stayed on they might have got at least one more goal past the keeper.

Archived