Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imagine Gilmour out and maybe a Youth out on loan. There’s no other player I can imagine he’ll want rid of, possibly Reid?

Won’t be Reid. McCall said he was excellent on Tuesday so I can’t see him following it up with him leaving.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Won’t be Reid. McCall said he was excellent on Tuesday so I can’t see him following it up with him leaving.

There’s no other players in the squad we can realistically let go other than Gilmour. McGuffie possible out on loan. Possible deal in place to have Gilmour and or a player like McGuffie/Faulds/Murphy to go on loan to Stranraer. Can’t see us paying a fee for Bell so that may be part of the deal.

There’s no other players in the squad we can realistically let go other than Gilmour. McGuffie possible out on loan. Possible deal in place to have Gilmour and or a player like McGuffie/Faulds/Murphy to go on loan to Stranraer. Can’t see us paying a fee for Bell so that may be part of the deal.

Think McGuffie out on loan is probably a good shout for his development - Stranraer would probably be a good move.

Bell should be a decent signing. Straight into the side tomorrow I would think.

Take Gilmour for free , McGuffie (loan) and Hilton (loan) who’s from Stranraer and a n other possibly another 20s player all to them in exchange for Bell.

Good bit of business for both sides. Not much cash involved which should suit both clubs as well.

2 minutes ago, CopaMundials said:

Take Gilmour for free , McGuffie (loan) and Hilton (loan) who’s from Stranraer and a n other possibly another 20s player all to them in exchange for Bell.

Good bit of business for both sides. Not much cash involved which should suit both clubs as well.

Is this a suggestion or confirmed?

have yourselves a top player ,Harder and better than Adams,fancy you lot to win the division now

That's a very bold statement for a player that played 90 minutes last Saturday and Tuesday and lost 8-1 between the 2 games. In midfield battles that were completely over-run both games presumably.

That's a very bold statement for a player that played 90 minutes last Saturday and Tuesday and lost 8-1 between the 2 games. In midfield battles that were completely over-run both games presumably.

There midfield was ok on Tuesday but we had to play a centre half in ours.

It was more down to their defenders playing a very high line and just about every through ball was a goal.

Bell confirmed.
Back in the day he was one of, if not the best midfielder in the championship, however he got two absolutely horror injuries which leads us onto...
I take it he will be full time now .
Last I heard was that he's a very similar case to your Jamie Adams, can only really train a couple of times a week.
969D8130-1ACF-4938-8DC8-E7A654E154DE.thumb.jpeg.efba3b018bf193b479afabffdb39fbd5.jpeg
Our club might be going tits up, losing our players and heading towards relegation? Never mind, big Ayr United might get beat next year :lol:
If you get promoted, unless you start strengthening with better players you will get beat, again.

Bell will be a very serviceable player at League 1 but he's not upto the Championship anymore, the upturn in pace and athleticism would leave him looking quite shite, bit like Adams last year.

All that said I hope he does well, he's done amazingly well to come back from the injuries he had.

Archived