Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Think if we lose on Saturday, it's effectively season over until the playoffs. 4 points behind and two games in hand that they'll likely win will surely be too hard to turn around. Unless we end up winning every game until the end of the season.

As much as I would like to put my party hat on and start celebrating there is a long way to go and plenty more twists and turns to the season. I wouldn’t say Saturday is a must win for Ayr but it’s definitely a must not lose.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

My predictions are always wrong but i am going to make one for this game. Both teams will pklay not to lose so i say a boring 0-0 draw

9 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Bye bye McCall. Gary lock would be a good replacement for you lot.:thumsup2:whistle:lol:

Make your mind up. In your last two posts you've got Ayr both drawing and losing.

29 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Would take McCall if yous are punting him.

You are welcome to have Jordan Hart although I'd prefer him to play out the season at Raith Rovers. 

Have Ayr really gone from the best team in generations and something special to shite in just 2 weeks?

A few weeks is a long time in football.  We've gone from being 6 points ahead, to 8 behind, to 1 ahead in a couple of months.

Plenty twists and turns yet.

McCall needs to realise that Hart has cause us to drop numerous points and more to come. We simply can't win the title with him in goal. Fair enough he is still young and could have potential in the future but he isn't first team quality

20 minutes ago, Ayrfan1910 said:

McCall needs to realise that Hart has cause us to drop numerous points and more to come. We simply can't win the title with him in goal. Fair enough he is still young and could have potential in the future but he isn't first team quality

While I agree that a different goalie would help, I think it's short-sighted of Ayr fans to simply blame Hart for our recent results. He is the last line of defence but far too many shots and headers are being allowed through by the outfield in front of him. The problem cannot lie with Hart alone.

While I agree that a different goalie would help, I think it's short-sighted of Ayr fans to simply blame Hart for our recent results. He is the last line of defence but far too many shots and headers are being allowed through by the outfield in front of him. The problem cannot lie with Hart alone.

This. Raith fans generally think their keeper’s murder too but the difference is they’re getting results as a team. Of course we need to stop conceding soft goals but at the same time we’ve missed some absolute sitters at the other end to put some games to bed. Keeper’s an easy scapegoat but we need to improve as a team. And quickly.

Archived