Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, the west curve said:

As there are 12 teams in the Premiership,do Ayr take a bigger away support than most of them? 

Who cares what you think youre in the wrong forum let us worry about ourselves

9 hours ago, the west curve said:

As there are 12 teams in the Premiership,do Ayr take a bigger away support than most of them? 

I think the away support will average out around 425 so no, slightly higher that the majority of the championship.   

St johnstone,hamilton,county,dundee ,killie before they were flying ...[emoji44]

Dundee have a considerably larger following than ayr. As do killie I reckon.

The others, if you take a bad one for them and a good one for us...maybe.

But it's unfair to compare us when we're flying and them when they're struggling.

Let's just enjoy it - and leave the cock measuring to others.

But it's unfair to compare us when we're flying and them when they're struggling.

Tbf when we can’t muster 2,000 fans at home when top of the league then let’s leave the fan boasting alone.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I gave that up after the 1st time.

Levein has made an offer to three players for next season. With his habit of plucking gems from the lower leagues, this makes me nervous.

One of them is Lyndon Dykes from Queen of the South I think.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Shankland was one of them though.

Levein has made an offer to three players for next season. With his habit of plucking gems from the lower leagues, this makes me nervous.

Dykes, Vaughan and Shankland will be the 3.

Hearts were sniffing about Vaughan pre-season and then again in January.

The only problem would be that he’s contracted for next season but I can’t see our board standing in his way.

Dykes is definately one of them.

If the third is also a lower league player then Shankland would be the obvious option, unless they’re possibly going for Dobbie? I doubt he’ll leave QotS though.

Dykes, Vaughan and Shankland will be the 3.

Hearts were sniffing about Vaughan pre-season and then again in January.

The only problem would be that he’s contracted for next season but I can’t see our board standing in his way.

Dykes is definately one of them.

If the third is also a lower league player then Shankland would be the obvious option, unless they’re possibly going for Dobbie? I doubt he’ll leave QotS though.

As good as Dobbie is he won’t move again. At his age he’ll stay put and I doubt Hearts would make a move for him.

I think Shankland needs to make sure his move (if he leaves) is to a club where he’ll actually play regularly and not one that will loan him out in January. I’m still not convinced he’s Premiership quality. Got to remember this is only League 1 and the jump up to the Championship let alone to the Premiership is big enough.

If we go up I seriously think he should stay put for one more season to see if he can do well in the Championship before moving on. He’s still young so there’s no rush but if he leaves and goes to Hearts there’s a fair chance he’ll end up out on loan and then at another League 1 club and he’ll have wasted his time.

11 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

St johnstone,hamilton,county,dundee ,killie before they were flying ...emoji44.png

I'd give you Hamilton and County, however they'd be small even in the championship.

St Johnstone, Killie and Dundee though? Hay a day off.  

Dobbie is 35 and contracted till Queens for another year so unlikely hes one.Shankland yes and think he,d get an opportunity at Hearts.Vaughan a possibility also even under contract.With our record of moving players on for next to nothing if Hearts offer a squad load of bibs and a few balls our board will accept that ;)

Dobbie will more than likely finish his career with us.

Given Dykes is supposed to be one of the 3, I question Levein's eye for a player so don't get too worried it's Shankland. If we get a fee for Dykes I'll pish myself.

Not trying to downplay Shankland's capabilities here but he's never really proved himself at Premiership level hence why he's ended up in league 1, would be a massive gamble for Hearts to take him on the basis of him banging in goals for a team two leagues below Hearts.

I think he might do a Devlin and surprise everyone with staying for one last season, will get the captain's armband aswell as an extra incentive.

Archived