Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
115 now I think. Worrying that Doc didnt manage bench and Geggan pulled out injured - Raith proved today that they are taking it right to the wire so we can't afford too many more injuries

We could really do with Docherty starting next week. Crawford far better out wide IMO.

Special shout to all of you who travel to watch Ayr as it looks as if it's really helping us on the road.  McCall mentioning again the lack of atmosphere at home, doesn't help when shooting the wrong way 1st half which teams seam to have cottoned onto.

2 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Special shout to all of you who travel to watch Ayr as it looks as if it's really helping us on the road.  McCall mentioning again the lack of atmosphere at home, doesn't help when shooting the wrong way 1st half which teams seam to have cottoned onto.

McCall is right about the lack of atmosphere at some of our home games, but to be fair to the fans Ayr never really done much the second half to get the fans into a singing mood. It was more like a training session today.  We got another win and that's all that matters.

McCall is right about the lack of atmosphere at some of our home games, but to be fair to the fans Ayr never really done much the second half to get the fans into a singing mood. It was more like a training session today.  We got another win and that's all that matters.

He may be right but its an awful comment to make towards those who turn up every week and and not remotely needed at this point of the season.

He may be right but its an awful comment to make towards those who turn up every week and and not remotely needed at this point of the season.

It’s not an awful comment to make. It’s perfectly justified given that we are entering the most important part of the season, close to winning the title and the atmosphere is still flat.

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Totally agree, he has come with quite a lot of awful comments this year.

The way he said it wasn’t remotely justified - doing his job and keeping his mouth shut about the people that pay their hard earned cash every week will do.

Fair enough if he said something like “the atmosphere was a bit flat and we need the fans behind us to win the league etc etc’” But he was a w**k about it.

Just building a rod for his own back if things go wrong.

He doesn’t really care what the fans think about him and he shouldn’t. If he thinks that the atmosphere wasn’t good then he’s going to say that. He wasn’t nasty about it but it’s clearly something that annoys him and has been for a while.

And I don’t see how if things go wrong something like this will come back to bite him.

Think any potential celebratory atmosphere was a bit quashed by news of Raith's two early goals to be honest.
Delighted with a 4-0 non-event. Take that any day.

Why would us winning quash your atmosphere? you went ahead a couple of minutes after us and you’re 6 points clear with a superior goal difference.

If we win on Tuesday it might make things interesting....for a few days at least. Can’t see you guys dropping many, if any, points in the run up to the end of the season.

Why would us winning quash your atmosphere? you went ahead a couple of minutes after us and you’re 6 points clear with a superior goal difference.

If we win on Tuesday it might make things interesting....for a few days at least. Can’t see you guys dropping many, if any, points in the run up to the end of the season.

We will drop points! However, I fully expect Raith to drop points as well

We will drop points! However, I fully expect Raith to drop points as well

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Was really expecting you to drop at least two points today. Guarantee you the atmosphere would've been livelier had that looked likely.

Don't get why people are getting annoyed with McCall saying about the lack of the atmosphere, wasn't at the game but can presume he's spot on beause i've been to many games at home this season where the atmosphere is flatter than the moon. 

Also extremely dissapointed with the crowd, should be getting 2,000 at least since we're not only in a title race but in Pole Position, we all know the main reasons for a lot of stayaway supporters but i think it's time to get over that and support the best team we've had in recent years.

The crowd attendance today I'm sure was up from previous, maybe excluding  the Raith game, this talk of getting 2000+ is just wishful thinking for League 1. McCall may have a point about the atmosphere but I was a little surprised by the tone in his interview. Taking into account the fans spread out cause of the weather, the lack of QP fans, being  three up after half an hour, and the pace of the game, it's hard to generate an  atmosphere under those conditions.

Don't get why people are getting annoyed with McCall saying about the lack of the atmosphere, wasn't at the game but can presume he's spot on beause i've been to many games at home this season where the atmosphere is flatter than the moon. 
Also extremely dissapointed with the crowd, should be getting 2,000 at least since we're not only in a title race but in Pole Position, we all know the main reasons for a lot of stayaway supporters but i think it's time to get over that and support the best team we've had in recent years.

The crowd attendance today I'm sure was up from previous, maybe excluding  the Raith game, this talk of getting 2000+ is just wishful thinking for League 1. McCall may have a point about the atmosphere but I was a little surprised by the tone in his interview. Taking into account the fans spread out cause of the weather, the lack of QP fans, being  three up after half an hour, and the pace of the game, it's hard to generate an  atmosphere under those conditions.

Agree with both of these to a certain extent. It would be great if we were getting 2000 plus every week but it’s not possible in this league especially with the small number of away fans that travel. I’d hope the numbers will go up if there’s a chance of winning the league at home though.

To get higher figures we need to be in the Championship and not be getting beat every week. McCall probably knows this but feels that the numbers are poor considering how good we’ve been this season.

rb123 said about fans staying away because of last season which there might be but I think those fans issues lie with McCall but they’ll still go most weeks to back team.

On the plus side, we've just played 5 games in the last 14 days,  Taking 13pts from 15 available that is good going for any team, especially with 3 of those games being played away from home.  Well Done Ayr :thumsup2 keep it going.

Archived