Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know what's happening with Paul Cairney? I know he was offered pre-season training with us but has he took us up on that offer?

At the moment we have 14 senior players signed up I haven't included Gilmour as I've heard he's off as he can't commit to Fulltime due to his new job at Rangers. McCall said he wanted a squad of 18 aswell as the youths. He's said he wants a back up GK, CB, wide striker. That would take us up to 17 if we manage to get all of them and that leaves a spot for Cairney if he proves his fitness. 

Anyone know what's happening with Paul Cairney? I know he was offered pre-season training with us but has he took us up on that offer?
At the moment we have 14 senior players signed up(haven't included Gilmour) as I've heard he's off as he can't commit to Fulltime due to his new job at Rangers. McCall said he wanted a squad of 18 aswell as the youths. He's said he wants a back up GK, CB, wide striker. That would take us up 17 if we manage to get all of them and that leaves a spot for Cairney if proves his fitness. 

Been wondering myself what he's doing as McCall hasn't mentioned him in the AP. I'm guessing he'll be the last signing just before the Kilmarnock game so McCall gets a few weeks to monitor him and give him as much time as possible to get in shape.

If it's a medical condition he's got that affects his weight is there much he can do? He strolled this division first time round with Stranraer and he was carrying a bit of weight then as well but maybe McCall is planning just now so he's ready for the Championship.

Either way I'd sign him as he looks like the only player that is capable of adding goals from the midfield.

4 hours ago, conley said:

Either way I'd sign him as he looks like the only player that is capable of adding goals from the midfield.

Andy Geggan always chips in with a few goals from midfield.

Can't see him scoring many from right back!

Oh Bodog, never change.

"Founder Calvin Ayre explained: “After the controversy of last year's kit launch we felt we should change our strategy.

So this year we are using a body-painted model in the away strip rather than the home one."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/625420/Ayr-United-Bodog-busty-model-body-paint-away-kit-campaign-Scottish-League-One-football

Can I get some info on Devlin, did he get many assists for Ayr and what sort of right back is he, is he good at getting forward?

He's an attacking full back who needs to work on his defensive game. Good prospect who will flourish with some experience beside him. As for assists someone will have numbers but he was our biggest attacking threat last season

1 minute ago, singin am no fae killie said:

He's an attacking full back who needs to work on his defensive game. Good prospect who will flourish with some experience beside him. As for assists someone will have numbers but he was our biggest attacking threat last season

Cheers appreciate that.

Archived