Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Bodog really don't give a monkeys do they?  No such thing as bad publicity.  

Would you if you were a billionaire. As long as as he keeps pumping money into the club he can advertise it how he wants.

The club took a good position on the matter by saying that it has nothing to do with them. Not endorsing it but not condemning it neither, less running the risk of pissing both sides off.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The body painting thing is stupid, but in terms of outrage there are probably diminishing returns. Last year was a peak and now nobody will care for a while.

Really can't understand why anybody would get upset about these pictures. Companies all over the world use hot chicks to promote their products.

It shows the club in a really bad light.

I would like to see my club grow as a community club - attracting families rather than just a stereotypical lad mag clientele.

I'm not in any way 'outraged'. Just a bit embarrassed by it all.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I would like to see my club grow as a community club - attracting families rather than just a stereotypical lad mag clientele.

Fitba's a mans game.

The club needs to start acting like a community club then. That starts with engaging with the fans every so often.

The club needs to start acting like a community club then. That starts with engaging with the fans every so often.

Just out of interest and at the risk of starting an argument what would the club engage with the supporters about?

Yeah i dont think they do TOO bad. Seemed to be a fair few photos of mainly Devlin and Forrest going round the Primary Schools last year which is a positive step

Plus the fairly recent addition of the kids season ticket, student or 18-21 gate or whatever it is also seems a positive step, as is the tie in with the academy and the emergence of the girls teams.

And i know they arent ran by the club (i dont think) but having a superb free highlights package available a couple of hours after games puts most others in the country to shame i would say.

Easy to slate the club but i'd say there are far worse out there.

I'm talking about fan engagement. Pre season has been an utter shambles for it. Everything has been last minute and not very professional. There's plenty of things they could be doing like

If you buy a season ticket in the first week you get a ticket for the Kilmarnock game for a £5

Win a top competition.

Fan liaison officer. Someone to organise volunteering for the benefit of the club. And to interact with the fans

Social media presence i.e. Pre season photos, player interviews, manager interviews, behind the scenes interviews

Issue Academy training (not signed players) with free tickets. These youngsters must be accompanied by a paying adult.

Free tickets in schools every 4 or 5 games again must be accompanied by a full paying adult.

There's no senior club 30 miles south of Ayr ( Girvan etc)offer a bus when giving out the tickets and see who takes it up.

I think they could recruit some volunteers to help promote the club.

I remember seeing the last day of the season a few years ago at forfar and they had loads of folk who had helped throughout the season on the pitch at the end.

They need to do more to bring people into the club. To make them feel like it's their club.

Yeah i dont think they do TOO bad. Seemed to be a fair few photos of mainly Devlin and Forrest going round the Primary Schools last year which is a positive step

Plus the fairly recent addition of the kids season ticket, student or 18-21 gate or whatever it is also seems a positive step, as is the tie in with the academy and the emergence of the girls teams.

And i know they arent ran by the club (i dont think) but having a superb free highlights package available a couple of hours after games puts most others in the country to shame i would say.

Easy to slate the club but i'd say there are far worse out there.

The academy and the media team are separate organisations.

The club screwed the media team last week when the asked them to put out information and then preform a U turn and make them look like there putting out the wrong information.

Just now, singin am no fae killie said:

I'm talking about fan engagement. Pre season has been an utter shambles for it. Everything has been last minute and not very professional. There's plenty of things they could be doing like

If you buy a season ticket in the first week you get a ticket for the Kilmarnock game for a £5

Win a top competition.

Fan liaison officer. Someone to organise volunteering for the benefit of the club. And to interact with the fans

Social media presence i.e. Pre season photos, player interviews, manager interviews, behind the scenes interviews

Issue Academy training (not signed players) with free tickets. These youngsters must be accompanied by a paying adult.

Free tickets in schools every 4 or 5 games again must be accompanied by a full paying adult.

There's no senior club 30 miles south of Ayr ( Girvan etc)offer a bus when giving out the tickets and see who takes it up.

Prettymuch everything on this list is already being done.  The AU media guys have taken our social media presence to another level.  The truth is that June is always quiet with players and managers on holiday.  Taking the decision to go full time Is the most ambitious thing the club have done since the Bill Barr days.  The quality of signings made has been very high and there may be 1 or 2 still to come.  It's clear that a lot of work is being done to put a full time infrastructure in place, but Rome wasn't built in a day.  I don't get the confusion over the season tickets either,  but suggesting pre-season is a shambles because of this is somewhat over the top.  Clubs all over Scotland have tried the whole giving out tickets thing, but no one really seems to have made it work.  The club have also tried reducing gate prices last season, but sadly it didn't seem to have much impact either.

Not sure we would be allowed to offer cheap tickets for Killie game - was part of the delay in announcing details not due to the clubs having to agree a set price?

I'd say the social media side of it has been decent - other than Reid there have been interviews with new signings, re-signings, manager, commercial manager or whatever he is, and chairman did a q&a session.

Agreed there is plenty more could be done but from having a flick through quite a few other clubs forums we seem to actually compare reasonably well.

23 minutes ago, Hursty said:

And i know they arent ran by the club (i dont think) but having a superb free highlights package ...

The club are due credit for the highlights. Great support from the club for the last 10 years or so.

10 minutes ago, singin am no fae killie said:

AUmedia doing a good job imo

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think they could recruit some volunteers to help promote the club.

They need to do more to bring people into the club. To make them feel like it's their club.

I'm only speaking for myself here. The club is quite poor at some things I agree (website!) but if you are keen to volunteer then let the club know. There is nothing stopping you. That is how I started doing the video for the club - by offering to do it and then (crucially!) turning up and doing it.

There are always better examples to learn from (e.g. Raith TV) but I don't think the club are as terrible as some suggest.

Prettymuch everything on this list is already being done.  The AU media guys have taken our social media presence to another level.  The truth is that June is always quiet with players and managers on holiday.  Taking the decision to go full time Is the most ambitious thing the club have done since the Bill Barr days.  The quality of signings made has been very high and there may be 1 or 2 still to come.  It's clear that a lot of work is being done to put a full time infrastructure in place, but Rome wasn't built in a day.  I don't get the confusion over the season tickets either,  but suggesting pre-season is a shambles because of this is somewhat over the top.  Clubs all over Scotland have tried the whole giving out tickets thing, but no one really seems to have made it work.  The club have also tried reducing gate prices last season, but sadly it didn't seem to have much impact either.

What on that list has been done by the club?
AUmedia are volunteer run.

Rome wasn't built in a day and I agree everything was really positive. WAS they brought everything out and that was that. No momentum to get folk wanting season tickets there was literally nothing from the club for a month. That kind of disengagement from a club hoping to go full time could cost you 100 season tickets.

Is anyone sponsoring a player this year? Has this been mentioned by the club? Have the club thanked or advertised the people who have parted with cash.

I'm only speaking for myself here. The club is quite poor at some things I agree (website!) but if you are keen to volunteer then let the club know. There is nothing stopping you. That is how I started doing the video for the club - by offering to do it and then (crucially!) turning up and doing it.

There are always better examples to learn from (e.g. Raith TV) but I don't think the club are as terrible as some suggest.

The work The media team done when we announced full time and signed the players in May was brilliant in my opinion.

But the month before season tickets went on sale the silence from the club was defining and lost the momentum built up at the beginning

What on that list has been done by the club?
AUmedia are volunteer run.

Rome wasn't built in a day and I agree everything was really positive. WAS they brought everything out and that was that. No momentum to get folk wanting season tickets there was literally nothing from the club for a month. That kind of disengagement from a club hoping to go full time could cost you 100 season tickets.

Is anyone sponsoring a player this year? Has this been mentioned by the club? Have the club thanked or advertised the people who have parted with cash.

In terms of sponsoring a player that doesn't usually happen until the strips are on sale and they're not ready yet.

We've probably got one of the best highlight packages in Scotland and we also get manager interviews after every game. Don't really know what you mean by "behind the scenes" interviews or footage.

Archived