East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

52 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Why dont u let us worry about our club and concentrate on your own mess???

I remember an East Kilbride fan or official saying something along these lines to me on Facebook around about the time of the Celtic cup tie when I questioned something about the running of your club.

With all due respect, you're going to find that you need the interest of neutral observers from the town that support other clubs if you're to grow. There was no complaints about 5000 "East Kilbride" fans turning up for that game, why complain when these people take an interest when their opinion isn't to your fancy? I accept the Clyde fan in this instance is a troll, but if this is a common reaction to criticism from folk outside the club it's not healthy.

I wouldn't have been going tomorrow had it not been for Morton's game being moved forward, but got some tickets and generally turn up to about 2-3 midweek games a season. With having no historic fanbase, it's fans of other clubs from East Kilbride that you're going to have to entice in order to grow. Like it or not, that's your market for probably a generation or so.

Anyway, best of luck tomorrow and next week. Hoping next week is my last ever visit to Central Park.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cfcuk said:

And 1 EK fan emoji23.png

You on the supporters tandem to Cowdenbeath next week?

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

It least some people are interested in EKFC.

The EKFC "fans" don't seem to be.

3 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Yip. All booked up.

John didn't you realise that unless you come on P&B you don't follow Scottish fitba ;)

P&B is the be all and end all of Scottish fitba. :D

It least some people are interested in EKFC.

The EKFC "fans" don't seem to be.

John didn't you realise that unless you come on P&B you don't follow Scottish fitba [emoji6]
P&B is the be all and end all of Scottish fitba. [emoji3]

I live in East Kilbride. Other than the local paper that acts like a fanzine, I've heard no one talking about this game.

The few East Kilbride fans on P&B are like a hotbed of interest in comparison.

I live in East Kilbride. Other than the local paper that acts like a fanzine, I've heard no one talking about this game.

Were u expecting people to be doing cartwheels down the street with kilby scarfs on? Theres enough intrest for the game to be a sell out. That will do me.

Just now, johnmc80 said:

Were u expecting people to be doing cartwheels down the street with kilby scarfs on? Theres enough intrest for the game to be a sell out. That will do me.

Does anyone really call them Kilby?

:lol:

What are you actually trying to say here? Who have you been speaking to and why would you expect them to bring the game up?

If not the EK that is involved in this match, which team are people from East Kilbride supposed to care about? The junior team? The ams? Clyde? The old firm?

The junior team has more history of course, but if EK make it to SPFL2, they would be on a far higher level.

I find it faintly amusing that EK have all that fancy graphics stuff for their highlights, but their badge looks like something a child made with MS Paint.

I've no preference for who comes through the playoff, but I do find it a bit curious that people are calling EK a fake or plastic club.  What's the reason for this, just that they're new?  So was every club, once. 

If not the EK that is involved in this match, which team are people from East Kilbride supposed to care about? The junior team? The ams? Clyde? The old firm?
The junior team has more history of course, but if EK make it to SPFL2, they would be on a far higher level.

They generally support the old firm. That will never change.

I don't expect EKFC to have much more of a support in 10 years time even if they're promoted. It's up to them to prove me wrong.

The worst thing they could do is move to an out of town oversized stadium. How many clubs have made that mistake!

Personally, I'm a Clyde supporter with a soft spot for EK Thistle.

You can probably tell from my previous posts I, like many in the town, have no affinity for EKFC.

[emoji38]

What are you actually trying to say here? Who have you been speaking to and why would you expect them to bring the game up?

Strangely enough being interested in football and living in EK, I talk to people from EK about football.

This week the discussion has included champions league, old firm, Manchester United and Clyde's next manager (started by me). No mention of EKFC.

Given the amount of free publicity the local paper gives them, I'd expect some chat about the game.

Archived