East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the pitch like at EK?  From the video it looks like a poor quality green grocers lobby carpet. It will make the first leg more tricky but at least we have played against teams with artificial pitches fairly regularly.

Think Cowden will need to maintain their discipline and composure in these two games but I'm sure Locke and the back room staff will have them well prepared for it. If we can keep it at least level going into the second leg I will be very happy. Carrick should cause them problems with his pace but he needs good service and ball supply. Let's forget the hoof ball and keep it on the deck. They will cope easily with a long ball approach.

No chance of getting a ticket for the game at EK but will be watching the updates with great anxiety.

13 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Park looks dreadfull on highlights but it plays alot better than it looks to be fair.

They do tend to look worse than they actually are to play on. The worst one I ever saw was the first one the Pars had a good few years back. Looked like badly laid carpet tiles and had a terrible and inconsistent bounce. Probably caused injuries and a good few carpet burns. Things have improved with artificial pitches since then than goodness.

What's the pitch like at EK?  From the video it looks like a poor quality green grocers lobby carpet.

No chance of getting a ticket for the game at EK but will be watching the updates with great anxiety.

Seldom will you read me sticking up for EK but a Cowdenbeath fan criticising the pitch of an opposing team seems a tad rich.

As for the tickets, I was able to amble down to K Park and pick one up. It seems wrong to me that any punter can walk up, buy a ticket in EK but they're severely limited for Cowdenbeath season ticket holders.

Seldom will you read me sticking up for EK but a Cowdenbeath fan criticising the pitch of an opposing team seems a tad rich.

As for the tickets, I was able to amble down to K Park and pick one up. It seems wrong to me that any punter can walk up, buy a ticket in EK but they're severely limited for Cowdenbeath season ticket holders.

Suppose the cowden fans could just do the same as you. Doesn't seem like there's anything stopping them

2 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

What's the pitch like at EK?  From the video it looks like a poor quality green grocers lobby carpet. It will make the first leg more tricky but at least we have played against teams with artificial pitches fairly regularly.

Think Cowden will need to maintain their discipline and composure in these two games but I'm sure Locke and the back room staff will have them well prepared for it. If we can keep it at least level going into the second leg I will be very happy. Carrick should cause them problems with his pace but he needs good service and ball supply. Let's forget the hoof ball and keep it on the deck. They will cope easily with a long ball approach.

Your lucky the seats are uncomfortable as anything but the pitch is good enough certainly not the worst one

24 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Is this going to be a sell out?

At central park that is

honestly dont know why people are getting the idea of a big crowd at central park for the 2nd leg.(i include some cowden fans in this)

honestly cant see there being more than 600-700 at the game.

Archived