Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the figure of 5500 earlier was home support but turns out that is the total so far including the Falkirk fans. Pretty pathetic if we can't shift more than 5000 odd tickets for this. The queue I was in on Saturday morning gave me a bit of hope that we would be heading for maybe 7000 or so United fans but we might end up with only 5000 at most.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Games tomorrow so what's difficult about getting a ticket? Phone up and collect it in Falkirk or at the ground. Surely that should be easy enough for Falkirk to sort out?

What if you are a Falkirk fan and you live in Dundee? 

From the United site (regarding cash turnstiles) - 

"Subject to availability, there will be an opportunity (for home fans only) to purchase tickets on the evening from the ticket booth at the George Fox Stand or from the turnstiles at the Jerry Kerr Stand. Both these options are expected to be extremely busy, so the advice is to buy early."

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I thought the figure of 5500 earlier was home support but turns out that is the total so far including the Falkirk fans. Pretty pathetic if we can't shift more than 5000 odd tickets for this. The queue I was in on Saturday morning gave me a bit of hope that we would be heading for maybe 7000 or so United fans but we might end up with only 5000 at most.

Sounds like a lot of Utd fans are expecting cash gates for home fans as you'll surely sell a lot more than 4000!

On another note; do Utd fans feel that this is your worst team for, well, ever? When you think of some of the teams that we've seen in the past this has surely got to be a significant low point at the moment?

What if you are a Falkirk fan and you live in Dundee? 

Like I said it really wouldn't be difficult for them to set up a pick up point in Dundee.

Not being funny but is this not exactly the same for United fans on Friday? The guys at my fives yesterday had to get the Dundee based lad to go and pick up everyone's tickets from the shop for next Friday.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Like I said it really wouldn't be difficult for them to set up a pick up point in Dundee.

Not being funny but is this not exactly the same for United fans on Friday? The guys at my fives yesterday had to get the Dundee based lad to go and pick up everyone's tickets from the shop for next Friday.

Thing is, the clubs don't really do that and should. It is more difficult than it needs to be. The United shop should have a small number of away tickets and the same at Falkirk for Friday. 

2 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Aye cuz gawn away to Hamilton in the Prem will be a right laugh, eh pal? :huh:

It will be hard as anything to get tickets at both stadiums to be honest.  Don't take it personally BB. 

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Sounds like a lot of Utd fans are expecting cash gates for home fans as you'll surely sell a lot more than 4000!

On another note; do Utd fans feel that this is your worst team for, well, ever? When you think of some of the teams that we've seen in the past this has surely got to be a significant low point at the moment?

It is probably the worst side I remember (been a regular since 96/97). We have definitely had teams that contained worse players but the overall squad (and that includes the mentality of the squad) means that for me it is the weakest I've seen.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yes but we won't have half the ground lying empty. Friday's game will be close to a sell out if not sold out completely. We couldn't feasibly give United more tickets or make it patg and  at least United fans have a complete week to get hold of their tickets. 

And yes bambino the game is on tv which gives fans an easy option not to bother going especially if you have to get a ticket first.

Funny how United fans seem to agree that all ticket is a farce and yet fans of seaside outfits seem to think otherwise.

44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dumbarton fans all over a big game thread.

Probably take Dumbarton about 7 visits to sell out 1500 tickets. What would you know about "standard away allocation"?

More than you clearly, you charity dodging shitehawk.

Guest Back Post Misses
More than you clearly, you charity dodging shitehawk.

Oh dear, Charity dodging, do explain?

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Every game without fail.
Game is tomorrow night and neither allocation is sold out so it's clearly not going to make much of a difference either way.

Houston seemed to imply the 3 nil flattered the DABs the other night, is that fair? I was a bit worried you were hitting a bit of form.

No. It was tight first half but Morton didn't manage a single shot on target and only two off target. We could easily have had four or five.

Archived