St Johnstone FC European Tour 17/18

Steve McQueen

And where would Scotland be placed on that coefficient list if you take Celtic out of the equation? They operate on a budget way beyond anything else of any club from any country outwith the top fifteen in the coefficient table, and their points reflect that.

It pains me to say it, but without Celtic's points I expect Scotland would be way down. It completely distorts our standing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Look i know that the co-efficient system isn't the best guide but the countries that you have listed above are all higher than Lithuanian league
Turkey 10th
Norway 28th
Belarus 21st
Switzerland 13th
slovakia 31st
Armenia 44th
st johnstone played a team from wales on Saturday and beat them 2-0 wales are sitting 48th two places above Lithuania 
setting you up for a fall there is no were to fall too.

Get a grip you ffs! :lol:

I agree that on paper St Johnstone should breeze through to the next round of qualifiers, but the standard of opposition Scottish clubs face each year is getting that little bit harder as these so called pishy leagues get better and better.

I can see the ST Johnstones' fans view towards this tie, a potential banana skin in the making from various reasons. The biggest is that they are well into their season already and are match fit and ready whilst the Saints have only just had a few training sessions. Caught with your drawers doon comes to mind?

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It pains me to say it, but without Celtic's points I expect Scotland would be way down. It completely distorts our standing.

Nail right on the head there Paulo.

45 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Get a grip you ffs! :lol:

I agree that on paper St Johnstone should breeze through to the next round of qualifiers, but the standard of opposition Scottish clubs face each year is getting that little bit harder as these so called pishy leagues get better and better.

I can see the ST Johnstones' fans view towards this tie, a potential banana skin in the making from various reasons. The biggest is that they are well into their season already and are match fit and ready whilst the Saints have only just had a few training sessions. Caught with your drawers doon comes to mind?

i like your style hellraiser but a bit on the crazy kid

Anyone going via Warsaw? Staying there the Wed night then 0600 flight to Vilnius on Thursday via Kiev. 

Yes flying out on Monday to stay with a Saints fan who is now based their. However we get a bus from Warsaw for £12.50 each way.

fk trakai where formed in 2005 but can't find any info on what level of plastic pitch they have only found a story about Steven maclean will not travel because he does  not play on plastic pitches because of his knee condition

I thought you said it was the same as Kilmarnocks and Hamiltons though?

Interesting the post the unofficial twitter just put up.

a97987490077d9c190e45015d422d35b.jpg

Kerr is actually the most experienced of the three. Gordon the least.

I've only seen Gordon play out of the 3 and he was outstanding against Aberdeen in the game I did catch. Kerr does look the most experienced on paper but sure Tommy has already made his decision. Fans just have to back it on the night and get behind them.

I'd go with Liam Gordon based on what I've seen of him in the several games he's played. He may be the least experienced game wise, but by all accounts was brilliant in the playoffs at the end of the season and he's at least got the taste of playing in front of large crowds for saints in competitive games.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interesting the post the unofficial twitter just put up.

a97987490077d9c190e45015d422d35b.jpg

Kerr is actually the most experienced of the three. Gordon the least.

Kerr will have his day no doubt.  I think Gordon will play on Thursday though.

Unofficial twitter saying it's an 860% increase in ticket price for the away game.

€24 compared to the usual cost in Lithuania of €2.50.

#boxoffice

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I'd go with Liam Gordon based on what I've seen of him in the several games he's played. He may be the least experienced game wise, but by all accounts was brilliant in the playoffs at the end of the season and he's at least got the taste of playing in front of large crowds for saints in competitive games.

DId he play against connah's quay at the weekend :lol::lol::whistle

Archived