Ross County v Accies (aka the ICT Relegation game)

So how about it County, gonnae gie us three points to send ICT down?  Random acts of charity are the only hope we've got left now...

Should be a reasonable crowd at least, what with it being free and all.  I suspect the fans will just about get their moneys worth too.  I've heard of at least 3 Accies fans heading North to endure the torment enjoy the delights of Ross County catering.  0-1 just for the lolz.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 questions:
1) What time would everyone recommend setting off from Hamilton to make it by car (I fully expect the "don't" patter by our fans)?
2) How's parking at County?
We're down and out, and any win here would just prolong the anguish and give us hope. I'm hoping for at least 6 scraps with our fans and players/their families.

I hope County pump you by the score we should have pumped you the last time you were up.

Parking is relatively easy, you can park at the ground for a couple of quid or you can park anywhere else in Dingwall for free.  Plenty of car park space at the train station, Tesco, Lidl etc all within a very quick walking distance from the ground.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

2 questions:
1) What time would everyone recommend setting off from Hamilton to make it by car (I fully expect the "don't" patter by our fans)?
2) How's parking at County?
We're down and out, and any win here would just prolong the anguish and give us hope. I'm hoping for at least 6 scraps with our fans and players/their families.

Ok, I'll be the first. Are you fuckin mad?

Free entry so I'm presuming there will be several hundred ICT fans showing up to cheer on their neighbours. I'm sure Foran and Vigurs will be there.

Will sit back and enjoy this, no pressure, a repeat of the 5-1 in 2012 would be nice (open top bus parade day but sadly the last day of the Jailend terrace).

But even if we lose 0-4 I won't be heartbroken.

With Dow off injured yesterday, and Woods taking a couple of hefty knocks, would like to see young Dykes given a start.

Don't blame any fan for not going to Dingwall but what other fans in the league would cancel a supporters bus to such a potentially crucial game? Especially when the game itself won't cost a penny.

Sadly we just couldn't get the numbers for it. We had 9 or 10 with a few maybes depending on the result yesterday. A couple of the original lot had to pull out and obviously the "result-dependent" folk didn't end up wanting to go. Would've cost far too much money for those on the bus.

16 hours ago, StuartTaylor said:

But even if we lose 0-4 I won't be heartbroken.

Surely no Highland team would lose 4-0 when their near-neighbours were relying on them to get a result to help determine what league they'll be playing in the following season?

I keep thinking about 1997, but Caley are so mince they don't need any help getting relegated. We're badly due a win over Accies this season.

We're going down regardless and deservedly so. We have been absolutely shite this season. When it happens, well, I don't really care anymore :( 

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

We're going down regardless and deservedly so. We have been absolutely shite this season. When it happens, well, I don't really care anymore :( 

Yep, after being humped by both Hamilton and Motherwell recently I pretty much accepted we were going down. Just wanting it over and done with now.

30 minutes ago, Hibernia said:

I'd just like to say that any County fan actively hoping their side loses tonight in order to confirm Caley's relegation is an absolute hero in my eyes. Brilliantly petty

Maybe there might be a few Caley Thistle fans rooting for Hamilton at the game. :rolleyes:

We're going down regardless and deservedly so. We have been absolutely shite this season. When it happens, well, I don't really care anymore [emoji20] 

Pretty much how I feel.

Archived