Ross County v Accies (aka the ICT Relegation game)

What a bizarre game. Probably one of our best performances, but our luck was against us - that doesn't excuse the whole season. Glad I made the trip to see there's a bit of fight in our team, and it was a larger support than the 10 expected. County's pitch invasion was, erm... strange.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

What a bizarre game. Probably one of our best performances, but our luck was against us - that doesn't excuse the whole season. Glad I made the trip to see there's a bit of fight in our team, and it was a larger support than the 10 expected. County's pitch invasion was, erm... strange.

A few stewards, a bit of rope and then everybody politely meanders onto the park.

1 hour ago, red23 said:

YES! take your 10 away fans and ram them. 

Your team has been a blight on Scottish football for far too long, you contribute nothing.

They contributed to us losing twice this season, in fairness. 

Where's Roger?????[emoji1058][emoji1058][emoji1058][emoji1058][emoji1058][emoji1058][emoji1058][emoji1058][emoji1058][emoji1058][emoji1058][emoji1058]????

Shagging yer maw, what have I missed???

6 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Accies didn't deserve to lose that tbf. 

As for the "pitch invasion" as is the norm at our last home game of the season the fans are invited on to the pitch to watch the POTY awards. 

Our Dev squad were also getting presented with their league trophy.

YES! take your 10 away fans and ram them. 
Your team has been a blight on Scottish football for far too long, you contribute nothing.

At least we topped the league for a total of five weeks in our first season back up. More than most on this thread will ever see. Those that have won cups can of course gloat. Dundee fans, not so much.

What a bizarre game of football. Accies carved us open so often, with Imrie giving young Tumulty issues almost every time he came forward. Two cracking goals from us and one that was so fluky it was unreal while at the back we seemed determined to give Accies as many chances as possible- I still can't believe one of the saves Fox made, saved from the unmarked lad near the back post. 

1 hour ago, ropy said:

The winning goal meant absolutely nothing to Accies season, the jig was up already.

While it condemned to the play-offs at best, it does open the door just a tiny bit further for Inverness.

At 2-2, Hamilton were 5 points ahead of 12th meaning nothing less than two wins would do for Inverness tonight and Saturday.

By losing, the gap stays at four which means Inverness could theoretically overtake them with a win and a draw should Hamilton lose on Saturday. While there is currently a gap of 7 goals, that's not exactly unsurmountable - it's "only" a 3-0 win and 4-0 loss or vice versa; scorelines that aren't exactly uncommon. Definitely not "10-2" territory. 

What a bizarre game of football. Accies carved us open so often, with Imrie giving young Tumulty issues almost every time he came forward. Two cracking goals from us and one that was so fluky it was unreal while at the back we seemed determined to give Accies as many chances as possible- I still can't believe one of the saves Fox made, saved from the unmarked lad near the back post. 

It's an absolutely sensational save. Franks gets a lot of praise for not quitting and leaving when he was out of the side. Top quality finish.
Given how weakened the team was, and the fact that Gardyne and Woods both got killed.by Darron McKinnon, I think that was a great result

Well that's football Mr Canning. Some days you have no luck. On other days you have had your share against County though. With some unbelievable points harvested from matches where County seemed all over you. 

What goes around comes around. It all evens out over the season. etc etc etc Very little sympathy here and much pleasure at collecting tout les points. 

May the worst team go down; may the least worst team win the play offs; and may the County beat the Killie next Saturday to confirm Boss Of The Dross status.

9 hours ago, The Master said:

While it condemned to the play-offs at best, it does open the door just a tiny bit further for Inverness.

At 2-2, Hamilton were 5 points ahead of 12th meaning nothing less than two wins would do for Inverness tonight and Saturday.

By losing, the gap stays at four which means Inverness could theoretically overtake them with a win and a draw should Hamilton lose on Saturday. While there is currently a gap of 7 goals, that's not exactly unsurmountable - it's "only" a 3-0 win and 4-0 loss or vice versa; scorelines that aren't exactly uncommon. Definitely not "10-2" territory. 

I'll accept that

Archived