Dundee United VS Hamilton | Hamilton VS Dundee United

Did he que for ages also if you go back down later today you should get one for game at Tannadice no bother as they have just opened up the shed 

Yeah, I'll get him to do that, but he's in Arbroath til 4 but it should be ok

Dealing with three aspects in reverse order of recent postings:-

1.       The play-off system needs re-examined, certainly as Bairnardo says the Final should be a one-off, and generally more thought needs to go into the structure: why is it different in the other two league set ups? The answer, of course, is to do with offering an advantage to the Premiership side. 

2.       Of the near 2,800 tickets sold for the away game, there is no shadow of a doubt that a large percentage of attendees will not be season ticket holders. They will be friends of season ticket holders, Fed members, or both.

3.       There were no ticket stubs for the first game of the play-offs in Greenock, so the idea that the supporters who went there should be prioritised would be impossible.

16 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

That's what I'm thinking. Clearly either my dad or the shop assistant has been an idiot, or both of them.

:lol: Certainly your Dad's an idiot (sorry). The poor lasses in the shop will have been working quite reasonably on the basis that everyone in the massive queue was there for away tickets. On the plus side there should still be plenty of tickets for the Shed for tomorrow night's game if he wants to head back down.

I got the tickets for the quarters and the semis so it was my Dad's turn to get the tickets for us for Sunday's game. I think he was planning on getting them by phone. Still to hear whether he was successful but I'm fearing the worst.

4 hours ago, Twinkle said:

To be fair hes got a point to a certain extent. There shouldve been some scheme in place where the 600 that went to Morton and the 2000 that went to Falkirk, were given priority. Retaining the ticket stubbs should give you first refusal on these tickets

I was at both games, couldn't get through on the phone this morning and I'm gutted about it.

[emoji38] Certainly your Dad's an idiot (sorry). The poor lasses in the shop will have been working quite reasonably on the basis that everyone in the massive queue was there for away tickets. On the plus side there should still be plenty of tickets for the Shed for tomorrow night's game if he wants to head back down.
I got the tickets for the quarters and the semis so it was my Dad's turn to get the tickets for us for Sunday's game. I think he was planning on getting them by phone. Still to hear whether he was successful but I'm fearing the worst.

I was leaning towards my dad being the idiot so no offence taken

I was at both games, couldn't get through on the phone this morning and I'm gutted about it.

Shite situation mate. As ive said, id be byling if i couldnt get a ticket for this due to some day tripper

Well I think, and I imagine most agree, that at the very least the final should be a 1 leg neutral venue affair, thats if you think the team in 11th should even get a chance at all.

For me the final being a one off is the no brainerest of no brainers

I can say with the utmost sincerity that I don't think the 11th-placed team should be involved. However it'd be slightly off having a team finishing pretty much bang-on mid-table going into the play-offs and potentially getting promoted. Though I still think it'd be a better idea than having the 11th placed team going into it.

Not a fan of a one-off final at all.

To me, the playoff is to decide the best team to be playing in a higher division. It is easy to fluke a one off game, but over two legs, we are more likely to see if there are any big differences between the two teams. Kilmarnock totally dominated the first game last season but ended up losing 1-0. For them to end up in Championshop given their superiority to Falkirk in terms of quality would have been awful. For Accies fans, they may not have been promoted against Hibernian had it been one leg, and we'd have continued with a dire Hibernian in the top league. Two games normally allows the better quality team to shine through.

Another reason is that it is a distinctly different system to England. When we moan about everything having to copy our larger neighbour in football, the two legged final offers something totally different to down south. A slow burner, the narrative can build up over two legs in front of both sets of fans rather than at the soulless national stadium. Both clubs will likely have their biggest attendances of the season this week.

Third and perhaps most importantly, we got to see Motherwell skelp Sevco twice. Halving the level of hilarity of a diddy skelping one of the Ugly Sisters is a no from me.

Why have 11th in the league vs 4th in the league below and 2nd vs 3rd in the two lower leagues yet we have to go thru all this shite in the premiership and championship? Its nonsense, regardless if we progress or not

2nd vs 3rd, winner plays 11th, two legs for both games.

Don't see the reason for a team who finished 4th out of 10 to get a place, only lessens 3rd's chances of going all the way because they have to play 6 games.

The two leg system needs to be looked at, its hugely unfair. But most importantly, your turning away fans at times for games like these. 

How many have been left out due to the home team only allocating a certain amount, in times due to capacity, but at others to gain an advantage. 

11th v 4th 

2nd v 3rd

play off one leg final at a suitable venue, like Easter road, tynecastle. 

12 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

The two leg system needs to be looked at, its hugely unfair. But most importantly, your turning away fans at times for games like these. 

How many have been left out due to the home team only allocating a certain amount, in times due to capacity, but at others to gain an advantage. 

11th v 4th 

2nd v 3rd

play off one leg final at a suitable venue, like Easter road, tynecastle. 

The joy of the playoffs is you get home advantage and can choose to do what you want with the pitch, stands etc to give you the best possible chance. Both teams get a chance to have a crack at home, and it served Falkirk very well last season.

While I agree capacity should be maximised, that does not require abolition of two legs, merely a change of the rules to ensure normal away allocations are given out.

The system may be unfair in terms of 3rd and 4th having to play 40 games as opposed to 38 for the Premiership team to reach the final, but the simple solution is finish 2nd in the league to get the rest. If you finish 2nd, you also have 38 games, same as the Premiership team. Not that it did Falkirk any good last two seasons, but that's not the system's fault - that's the players fault for not being good enough or fit enough.