Annan Ath next manager

Murphy is a fantastic pro and a great ball playing centre half. He's maybe not got the legs for Championship but I'd have kept him on after our relegation.

I hope he does well for you boys, apart from against us.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully bring in some boys from Carlisle. Bring a bit of identity back to the club and bring training back down to Annan twice a week.

Had the side been training up in Glasgow recently with the high number of players playing from up that way.

Jim worked to suit him.

He had no full time job so took full advantage of Annan.

Only a few know how much he charged for all the extra's.

Oops, sorry I might be misinterpreted as antagonistic but how can anyone judge when AGM's are just a total walkover. 

Interesting appointment in Peter Murphy. I imagine he still lives in the Carlisle area? the time he spent there he must know the local football scene quite well bound to be a few local non league guys in the Carlisle/Cumbria area who could do a job in our League 2.

21 hours ago, Jamie Simpson said:

I have met Henry McClelland on many occasions and he is, without any doubt, a committed volunteer without whom the club would not have progressed to the level it's at. Two of your former managers speak incredibly highly of him, of his support and of his commitment to the future. Everyone accepts that the man has erred and broken the gambling rules; of that there is no doubt. He has been punished; paying £1000 within 30 days is a significant punishment in anyone's book. The SFA did not ban him from football activities and I think he should be left to resume his admirable duties at Annan.

45 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Interesting appointment in Peter Murphy. I imagine he still lives in the Carlisle area? the time he spent there he must know the local football scene quite well bound to be a few local non league guys in the Carlisle/Cumbria area who could do a job in our League 2.

Jamie Simpson a fair post at the end of the day Henry is a volunteer and does a good job!

New manager as far as I know lives in Brampton and I'm sure he'll be in touch with all Cumbria and north of England

football scene!

23 hours ago, robbiep said:

Any news on possible signings yet??

When does pre season start , have last years squad met/had contact with new manager . Blair away to Clyde 

6 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Is this definite pal? I'd only heard rumours about this so far but didn't know if there's anything to them.

Yes definite , should be announced anytime 

3 minutes ago, GMB said:

Yes definite , should be announced anytime 

Thanks. Sorry for the good few players that we seem to keep knicking off Annan over the past few seasons. You guys always seem to bounce back well though - I'm sure the new boss will do a good job!

Archived