Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

First thing the new man should do is negotiate deals to put Peters and Quigley back to their clubs.They're No better than what's at the club already imo. Getting rid should help bring a togetherness with the rest of the squad. Take young Michael Kennedy for example. . . . That young lad would have been devastated and bewildered at getting left out on Saturday. He's been playing well and let's remember, he's still learning his trade. Bollan sent out all the wrong messages by dropping the lad. I hope Kennedy bounces back with a vengeance. . . I'm sure he will. 

The new man also has to look to the future in terms of building his squad. I'd put money on Bain and Cox leaving in May so let's try to get a head start there. Give Warwick a few games at right back to see what he can do. Tell Travis the centre half position is his. . . Let the guy build up his confidence, make him feel wanted. Get Macintosh back in! An instant upgrade on Cregg!

As some have said already, the squad isn't that bad, but a few brave decisions have to be made to move on from Bollan. 

Only my opinion of course. 

Good post.

Our squad is capable of putting in a shift. Shame we didn't get rid of GB in the summer as we may well have kept DD, ToB and Milne. Also Foxy could well have stayed on in some capacity surely?

4 hours ago, Wet Wullie said:

First thing the new man should do is negotiate deals to put Peters and Quigley back to their clubs.They're No better than what's at the club already imo. Getting rid should help bring a togetherness with the rest of the squad. Take young Michael Kennedy for example. . . . That young lad would have been devastated and bewildered at getting left out on Saturday. He's been playing well and let's remember, he's still learning his trade. Bollan sent out all the wrong messages by dropping the lad. I hope Kennedy bounces back with a vengeance. . . I'm sure he will. 

The new man also has to look to the future in terms of building his squad. I'd put money on Bain and Cox leaving in May so let's try to get a head start there. Give Warwick a few games at right back to see what he can do. Tell Travis the centre half position is his. . . Let the guy build up his confidence, make him feel wanted. Get Macintosh back in! An instant upgrade on Cregg!

As some have said already, the squad isn't that bad, but a few brave decisions have to be made to move on from Bollan. 

Only my opinion of course. 

Agree also, the way Kennedy has been treated by the management has been shocking , also Matty has been shoved in to the long grass to accom Josh. Until Balmer leaves then we cannot really get started though, lookout for a similar side as Saturday at Methill !!

Struggling to understand why Sellars and Mensing weren't picked to look after the side atm (maybe Simons best position atm in the dug out).

Bollan and Balmer were a duo at Airdrie and were brought to Forfar as a duo. They should have been fired as a duo. It's like firing Ant and keeping Dec. The players need a fresh start without Balmer hanging around like a bad smell.

A short terse statement stated that Rodrigue Nanitelamio had his contract cancelled.Rumours of a punch up with Bollan and or Balmer ?

Considering the time and effort it took to get him to Forfar you would think a compromise might have been reached.He came with a decent pedigree having experienced football in France,Spain and Bulgaria. He was not the finished article but surely that is what coaches are paid for.Perhaps the shouts of "sough it ower e mert" got lost in translation? Time will tell if he was a dud or diamond.

Will Andy ( Red  Card ) Munro be recalled from Clyde .

On a final point about a new manager being local. Hegarty and Bollan were local, Dick Campbell wasn't.

Cooper has been applying for jobs in the highland league etc unsure if he's got a job now though ?
Plus would he re apply , after being told the last time it was his and Petrie's , only for mr astute to tell them we're going with super GARY instead .

My worry is the financial mess ! Just think of all those wasted tracksuits with initials on them ? Plus big rods , nobody will fit in that, it had been a special order .

Gerard Butler perhaps then?
Lack of any facial reaction was a constant complaint about Bollan.
images-3.jpg

Spoiler  
At least the new manager, unless it is Paul Hegarty, is going to have the support of the Forfar supporters.
GB was never a popular choice at the outset and as his tenure went on, he understandably  became increasingly less popular. 

Not so sure the next guy will have the support tbh.
Many wanted shot of DC AND we're happy when it happened but instantly disappointed at his replacement.
Same might happen again.

5 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Not so sure the next guy will have the support tbh.
Many wanted shot of DC AND we're happy when it happened but instantly disappointed at his replacement.
Same might happen again.

Board will have to go some to get someone in as instantly divisive as Bollan was. Not beyond them mind... 

Board will have to go some to get someone in as instantly divisive as Bollan was. Not beyond them mind... 

True.
Bollan wasn't my favourite tbh but I was willing to give him a chance.
Some of the football we played last year was great to watch, some of it completely turgid.

On the contrary, I don't think they'd have to go far at all to make such a divisive appointment. (Judging by comments here).

Sellars and Balmer may make a really good team but many will think Balmer must go at all costs. (I don't, for what it's worth. If results/performances improve, I'd be happy to give the 2 of them a run at it).

I guess we'll only see after a couple of games (unless the board has already got folk lined up and are using the application process as a smokescreen)

Archived