Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, speedframe said:

At least the club haven't dithered too long and to invite applications is the right way to go.

Don't rule out anyone.

We were in a far worse state when relatively unknown Tommy Campbell took the job.
He turned us around - it can be done (with a bit of luck)

Other than at centrehalf, we've actually got a not too bad a squad for someone new to work with.

37 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Callum Davidson at saints ready to cut it as the main man at a lower league club before heading back as Saints manager? PT club may fit in with his Scotland commitments too.

His name cropped up when i was thinking about a new face ....around 16 months ago. :)

First thing the new man should do is negotiate deals to put Peters and Quigley back to their clubs.They're No better than what's at the club already imo. Getting rid should help bring a togetherness with the rest of the squad. Take young Michael Kennedy for example. . . . That young lad would have been devastated and bewildered at getting left out on Saturday. He's been playing well and let's remember, he's still learning his trade. Bollan sent out all the wrong messages by dropping the lad. I hope Kennedy bounces back with a vengeance. . . I'm sure he will. 

The new man also has to look to the future in terms of building his squad. I'd put money on Bain and Cox leaving in May so let's try to get a head start there. Give Warwick a few games at right back to see what he can do. Tell Travis the centre half position is his. . . Let the guy build up his confidence, make him feel wanted. Get Macintosh back in! An instant upgrade on Cregg!

As some have said already, the squad isn't that bad, but a few brave decisions have to be made to move on from Bollan. 

Only my opinion of course. 

Archived