BBC Scottish Leaders Debate (21/05/17, 19:30)

Big Fifer

TBF if it's the last 5 years, there's no way to tell what her circumstances were at specific points. She could have been comfortable then fallen on hard times then cane through the other side. It happens. 

I do think she's talking shite btw, but pictures of her being on holiday and out drinking wine don't really prove anything. 

I think the evidence of the extravagant trips and eating out is not over the past year but over a number of years - so when has the food bank referral meant to have happened? I just find it all rather suspicious.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14949b497df95724174197900d34ddc6.jpg

That's the Plaza Hotel in New York.

It is a 5-star hotel that costs almost £500 a night to stay in.

Even if she were just having a glass of house champers there it would set her back $31.

Food bank user my arse.

Presumably no person thats flashed the cash at some point will be permitted to use a foodbank regardless of current circumstances and conversely no foodbank user who comes into a bit money later will be allowed to visit New York or claim to have used a foodbank previously?

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Thanks, not the logic I was using but a valid one none the less.  I was looking for their respective Scottish leadership at Westminster since they were supposed to stick to Westminster issues.  I am not sure that Ruth, Kez, Willie or David are going to have much say in what happens down the road if the Scottish electorate do elect MPs that are representing their party.

WE discussed this very point at home but it would have meant Mundell(1 MP) as CU, Murray( 1 MP SLP) Carmichael ( 1 MP Liar) . That would have been interesting mind you against Robertson( 54 SNP) . Might have had to include Coburn as UKIP does stand for Westminster. I also think that your opinion that Ruth etc don't have "much say" might be the problem?

27 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Presumably no person thats flashed the cash at some point will be permitted to use a foodbank regardless of current circumstances and conversely no foodbank user who comes into a bit money later will be allowed to visit New York or claim to have used a foodbank previously?

Every time the SNP make a connection between the tories and foodbanks, this clusterfuck will get brought up. It's kind of fucked up their main narrative for the election, though the increase in support for labour means it won't matter .

The Unionist lads on here trying to get plenty mileage out the foodbank nurse. Anything to cloud and distract from the real issues.

No-ones come out of this looking good, not the SNP, the nurse, the BBC or the Tories.

Every time the SNP make a connection between the tories and foodbanks, this clusterfuck will get brought up. It's kind of fucked up their main narrative for the election, though the increase in support for labour means it won't matter .

U've lost me. Foodbanks are being caused by austerity, austerity is being driven by the Torys.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You do know how much it costs to have a trip to New York?

If you can afford that you clearly are not on the breadline.

This woman was at it - as her backtracking mewlings afterwards have shown.

I bet she has a flat screen TV as well. :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Do people still actually give Loondave's trolling pish the time of day? Fucking hell emoji38.png

To be fair, I doubt he is trolling - he demonstrably is not intelligent enough for that. I just think he is really very, very thick. 

To be fair, I doubt he is trolling - he demonstrably is not intelligent enough for that. I just think he is really very, very thick. 

No he's previously admitted to trolling these boards.
We're supposed to accept that he's turned over a new leaf now.

28 minutes ago, mjw said:

No he's previously admitted to trolling these boards.
We're supposed to accept that he's turned over a new leaf now.

He used that to cover up his thickness after numerous 'mares on here. So basically, he's either trolling now, or he's self aware enough to realise how thick he is.

Either way, I don't see the point in trying to reason with someone like that.

No they are not.
Foodbanks are not "caused". They are "created".
They are created by someone sitting at home and thinking "You know what I will open up a foodbank to help people".
They don't check the poverty numbers, they don't assess need, they just get the thing opened.
There is absolutely no link between the number of foodbanks and the number of people who cannot afford food.

OK....
Surely a link to Tory Austerity though?

So, cuts to welfare and public services, lack of affordable housing, rising numbers of homelessness, low paid zero hour contract jobs, rising cost of living, negative wage growth.

None of these has any link to the rise in the number of foodbanks or people using them ?

Seems legit

So, cuts to welfare and public services, lack of affordable housing, rising numbers of homelessness, low paid zero hour contract jobs, rising cost of living, negative wage growth.
None of these has any link to the rise in the number of foodbanks or people using them ?
Seems legit

New rules it seems.
You can blame Nichola Sturgeon for foodbanks, not the Tories though.

He used that to cover up his thickness after numerous 'mares on here. So basically, he's either trolling now, or he's self aware enough to realise how thick he is.
Either way, I don't see the point in trying to reason with someone like that.

I think the definition of "reason" in this context is agreeing with everyone else a la "fanboy" type posting.No thanks.

Reeling from your piercing rapier like critique there.Self awareness is in such abundance on P&B....

Archived