Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

You would have thought that lessons would have been learned from Iraq.
Hearing that armed police are on patrol in Inverness City Centre tonight. Could be either a precautionary measure or a spot of bother in Johnny Foxes.

They were patrolling the High Street last summer for no reason whatsoever, apart from asking homeless people to move along, so I'm not heading for the hills just yet.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

We were probably foolish intervening in Libya, especially expecting a stable democracy to emerge seamlessly from the tribal chaos we left behind, but you would have thought Libyan jihadists would have shown a bit of gratitude for helping them overthrow Gaddafi.

Damned ungrateful if you ask me.

They should still be thanking us for the railways and democracy. 

4 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

The best solution for this cow is to be ignored, i blocked her ages ago and judging by the tweet welshbairn posted it was the best choice. She thrives on attention so its best to ignore her til she fucks off

I find not following posh attention-seeking neo-Nazis on Twitter in the first place saves me the effort of blocking them further down the line...   

59 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Hearing that armed police are on patrol in Inverness City Centre tonight. Could be either a precautionary measure or a spot of bother in Johnny Foxes.

Unfortunately it seems the lessons go intentionally unlearned, as there are larger interests at play than the security of Joe Public.

The west was actively supporting the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group against Gaddafi, despite the group being an al-Qaeda affiliate and a recognised terrorist organisation. The Manchester bomber, his brother and his father were seemingly involved with them, along with others from their local community in the UK. This mural is from Tripoli during the revolution against Gaddafi.

libya.jpg.2da320dbd075de99616cb7ca6ca61bda.jpg

The Emir of the LIFG at the time was Abdelhakim Belhadj, who went on to become a leader of ISIS in Libya. Here's US senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham presenting him with an award for his work towards Libyan democracy. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter etc.

belh.jpg.0476ad6ad2d3fa04acd8d7bd8cd4f4b5.jpg

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Down in Manchester just now. Honestly no police presence whatsoever, but I reckon the gig tomorrow will be incredibly high-security.

They're too busy hiding all their cones now you're in town.

Ross Tokley would sort them

About time, the thieving b*****ds had my birthday £5 last year.

Yeah. Your postie will risk his job and pension to snaffle your fiver from Auntie tight crotch.

Archived