Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Given that the most amusing part of any Subway journey is the gap between hearing "the next station is" and the name of the next station is I imagine this will last for about a week.

I normally try to work out whether they are trying to make it like the Oscars or they genuinely just don't know.

Increasingly weary and rushed sounding warnings from the driver on the Subway to take all your belongings with you and report anything suspicious to staff. Given that the most amusing part of any Subway journey is the gap between hearing "the next station is" and the name of the next station is I imagine this will last for about a week.

I've always wondered what the reason for this gap is - best I could come up with is it was a game drivers played among themselves.

18 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I normally try to work out whether they are trying to make it like the Oscars or they genuinely just don't know.

10 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

I've always wondered what the reason for this gap is - best I could come up with is it was a game drivers played among themselves.

It can only be not knowing, surely. "The next station is" ah shite, I'm in the tunnel, where was I...

14 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

No dig at you ed but fux sake, Britain could have 20,000,000 polis and it would make no difference. If these fanatics want to do whatever they want, they will do it. There does not seem to be any kind of reasoning with these radicals. What is the endgame with these radicals? Do they want a home to call their own? If they do then they could always move into their own p.o.w. camps as they all appear to be empty. #cuteverycnutsheidaff.

My family are from Manchester but I didn't have any reason to believe any of them would've been at the event as my only young female relative is currently pregnant. Found out however that my aunt was working as a steward at it and attended to the wounded after the explosion. What she dealt with sounds pretty fucking harrowing.

The biggest single problem we have is that atrocities such as this are allowed to be labelled as terrorism and associated with Muslims or ISIS. Okay ISIS will take responsibility for anything, but the western media will play along in the charade.

These acts are crimes of mass murder, no more and no less. The idea that they are carried out for any cause, religious or otherwise is abhorrent.

6 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

As per usual these threads turn into a total abortion thanks to the usual suspects. I really should know better than to dip in.

There's some good stuff in it, but there's also an awful lot of trolling.

15 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

There is a post doing the rounds on facebook of a cop appealing to Theresa May at the police federation conference in 2015 where a community police officer in Manchester appeals to her to turn back the cuts talking about erosion of intelligence gathering and becoming a reactive only service in the very area attacked. Its quite a genuine expression of concern from a guy put forward pretty well ending with him saying he is unsure that its in the interest of national security, May's response is essentially 'yer talking shite'. Not saying terrorist acts are always preventable, but its even harder with your hands tied behind your back.

I've seen the post you are on about but haven't bothered watching it. I think there probably is a debate around the role of the police and what they should be expected to contribute to society as a whole. Since the late 70's the police have pretty much been an exentsion of the political elite and been used as a tool to impose on the public whatever was deemed as the important issue of the day(Miners Strikes being broken, football fans treated like scum, kettling just about any group who take part in an organised protest of any kind) and have been reduced at times to nothing more than a target driven revenue/headline generator rather than offering a genuine public service. That has and will only get worse as increased levels of privatisation take over areas of the force. I don't think cuts to numbers or budgets is the biggest issue they face, it's just something they aren't used to.

You then have to look at reports on how many people reported to the police their concerns over the boy who went bang in Manchester, the fact he had been monitored by various elements in the security services and that it was known where he had been and what he had been up to recently. Would additional numbers of police officers have prevented it from happening? Or would bureaucracy and inter departmental chest thumping still have led to f**k all happening and a large number of people being blown up?

My family are from Manchester but I didn't have any reason to believe any of them would've been at the event as my only young female relative is currently pregnant. Found out however that my aunt was working as a steward at it and attended to the wounded after the explosion. What she dealt with sounds pretty fucking harrowing.

Hope she OK. That would have been horrific

Hope she OK. That would have been horrific

Aye she's fine considering. She knew some basic first aid so helped where could. Obviously the majority of the stewards were a bit clueless. I've done stewarding and you're barely given enough information to help anyone with the basics and are basically there to ensure the event meets the basic health and safety requirements to go ahead. In today's age that needs to change.

4 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

The biggest single problem we have is that atrocities such as this are allowed to be labelled as terrorism and associated with Muslims or ISIS. Okay ISIS will take responsibility for anything, but the western media will play along in the charade.

These acts are crimes of mass murder, no more and no less. The idea that they are carried out for any cause, religious or otherwise is abhorrent.

If you believe this wasn't an act of terrorism motivated by a religious cause may I ask what you think would be one?

If you believe this wasn't an act of terrorism motivated by a religious cause may I ask what you think would be one?

These acts are crimes of mass murder, no more and no less.

Religious cause is not a valid motive.

I come from a starting point that all religion is just fictitious twaddle created by my men to control other men.

So it's your fault? You've got your men controlling all the others? You b*****d. [emoji16]

Archived