Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bomber's father is saying his son is innocent.

Nae bather.

Eta: Morrisey is spot on with his comments regarding politicians and the Queen. After an attack in Manchester they get the military out. In London. To protect Downing Street, Parliament and Buckingham Palace. 

14 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Nae bather.

Eta: Morrisey is spot on with his comments regarding politicians and the Queen. After an attack in Manchester they get the military out. In London. To protect Downing Street, Parliament and Buckingham Palace. 

Armed police and soldiers on the streets in this circumstance is window dressing to let idiots think they are safer than yesterday.

32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Nae bather.

Special forces soldiers were carrying out armed raids in Central Manchester today.

They've just confirmed there's a 'network'. There was no real choice but to raise the alert level if that's the case, especially with the likes of Cup finals and even the Edinburgh marathon coming up.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, all the signs are pointing to this being a highly organised incident. (Not to say that the Westminster bridge thing wasn't serious, but it was a different kettle of fish, not simply in the death toll but in the scale).

I'm not sure what 'network' is, but it sounds deliberate vague.

Anyone trotting out the false flag shite can take a running jump, as far as I'm concerned. This isn't a Tory conspiracy, and it's not an over-reaction to raise the emergency status.

Armed police and soldiers on the streets in this circumstance is window dressing to let idiots think they are safer than yesterday.

Agreed.

These hundreds of extra armed Police/Soldiers could still do little to protect the public if some fucking roaster decides to detonate a bomb be it either a suicide belt or within a rucksack.

No harm in that. We're far more likely to die in a gardening accident than from a terrorist attack. If it reassures the public it's a good thing. Meanwhile hopefully the real experts are tracking down anyone remotely involved.

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Special forces soldiers were carrying out armed raids in Central Manchester today.

That's not quite the same as having a visible presence around politicians and the monarchy though, is it? 

That's not quite the same as having a visible presence around politicians and the monarchy though, is it? 

There's armed police at most railway stations, and I'd assume at most big public gatherings. Not sure what you expect them to do, not boost protection for high profile targets?

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No harm in that. We're far more likely to die in a gardening accident than from a terrorist attack. If it reassures the public it's a good thing. Meanwhile hopefully the real experts are tracking down anyone remotely involved.

What reassurance are members of the public in Manchester going to take from an army presence around Westminster, Downing Street and Buckingham Palace?

Members of the public have been targeted in a public arena and the c***s first priority is to protect themselves. There's far more possiblity of the Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherds Bush being attacked than Downing Street.  

What reassurance are members of the public in Manchester going to take from an army presence around Westminster, Downing Street and Buckingham Palace?
Members of the public have been targeted in a public arena and the c***s first priority is to protect themselves. There's far more possiblity of the Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherds Bush being attacked than Downing Street.  

The Chief Const. of GMP has declined the offer of troops in his area according to 5live.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

There's armed police at most railway stations, and I'd assume at most big public gatherings. Not sure what you expect them to do, not boost protection for high profile targets?

High profile targets? Are you telling me Downing Street, Westminster and Buckingham Palace don't have adequate security as it is?

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. There were armed police in a number of places in Scotland, including Inverness train station where an attack is less likely than me winning the lottery. Those places in London aren't the only places they've stepped it up. 

7 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

The Chief Const. of GMP has declined the offer of troops in his area according to 5live.

Oh well, that'll explain that then.

I just hope there isn't an attack in the Westfield in Shepherds Bush anytime soon or I'm going to be getting my door burst in.

High profile targets? Are you telling me Downing Street, Westminster and Buckingham Palace don't have adequate security as it is?

Proportionate to the perceived risk I would have thought. They can't have the army guarding every shop in Britain, prioritising the most likely targets is all they can do, apart from finding the c***s.

The bomber also spent some time in London a couple of days before carrying out the attack, it's possible the security services are following intelligence.

Funny how most of these bombers don't seem to be devout Muslims but usually have a history of crime and drug use.

This latest guy has as much to do with real Muslims as he does with Manchester Utd - he's just latched himself on.

Archived