Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

By a million miles the biggest victims of Islamic extremism are Muslims. The people on the front line of the fight against IS are Muslim.
I would guess 99% of people on here have not one idea what gets said or goes on in a mosque so it is utter dog whistle horse shit to attempt to put any blame or responsibility on law abiding Muslims.

Very true in what you say. My point is not muslims have to do more for the sake of the west, they need to do more for the sake of Islam as the idiots will rip it apart.

Islam is suffering by being on the front line of the battle as you say and Islam is suffering due to the affects of the actions of these idiots with the retribution and stigma that is being put on the innocent Muslim people and the religion.

This has nothing to do with the west demanding action from within or laying blame. This is a continuation and extension of the fatwas and the 'Not in my name' campaigns from within.

Good honest muslims (the vast majority) are sick of all this and they need to put 'distance' between them and these idiots for the sake of Islam.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

I don't remember the white Christian community being asked to do more and be vocal in their condemnation of IRA terrorists in the 1990s.

No but the Irish community certainly was.

I was talking to a (pretty Westernised-leaning) Muslim guy I know, and he was saying every time something like this happens his first reaction is "Aw f**k, here we go again - looks like I'll be getting a seat to myself on the train again for a while"
He was saying the problem with radicalisation is at most mosques the imam is a boring old guy who mumbles through a half-remembered version of the village version of Islam he learned half a century ago. Now and again a couple of young guys - and it's fairly obvious what they're up to - will show up seemingly with all the answers, and with a snappier, frankly sexier take on the religion...they've chased them from where he goes when they've shown up so far, but he was saying he could see how what they're peddling could be attractive to some of the dimmer, more impressionable young punters.

Joking aside the train comment is exactly it. Its not particularly fun being a Muslim at times like this and that is a real shame.

The general comment about the imams going through the motions is also fairly accurate.

That's what needs to change, for the sake of Islam.

they need to do more for the sake of Islam

Like what?

Good honest muslims (the vast majority) are sick of all this and they need to put 'distance' between them and these idiots for the sake of Islam.

How do they do that, then?

How do they do that, then?

Islam, for the most, is a peaceful religion where turning the other cheek, walking away and non confrontation is important, in other words full of apathy. That is for, let's say, the silent majority of muslims. As a poster above commented, many Imams are going through the motions and not driving home the message of the many fatwas that declare ISIS and others illegal and enemies of Islam.

This is where they need to do more for themselves.

There is a huge amount of muslims know christianity as an enemy historically, but have no idea why and actually know as much about christianity as most westerns know about Islam.

I can only speak for the mosque in Dundee but for years now they have had  anti radicalisation youth work programmes through their Youssaf Youth Initiative. The YYI do a ton of multi and non faith work with local churches and youth groups to promote integration from food banks to football and snooker to promote integration.

They also have regular visits from (Muslim) community sergeants and there is a procedure in place agreed between mosque, schools and police for reporting and acting upon any radicalised behaviour they become aware of.

I would encourage anyone just to pop into their local mosque if they are curious. They are pretty sound and you won't get better weed anywhere.

I can only speak for the mosque in Dundee but for years now they have had  anti radicalisation youth work programmes through their Youssaf Youth Initiative. The YYI do a ton of multi and non faith work with local churches and youth groups to promote integration from food banks to football and snooker to promote integration.
They also have regular visits from (Muslim) community sergeants and there is a procedure in place agreed between mosque, schools and police for reporting and acting upon any radicalised behaviour they become aware of.
I would encourage anyone just to pop into their local mosque if they are curious. They are pretty sound and you won't get better weed anywhere.

That actually is excellent and hopefully there is much more of that going on!

3 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

You do know I'm the sites, probably token, one of 'them'?

You been on some of that Dundee mosque weed?

Get em to fight the Argies. Two problems solved.

He genuinely is one of the thickest c***s I've ever had the misfortune to read about. The amount of (mainly ***) fans he has, are phenomenally stupid.

"he says what we're all thinking" No he doesn't you bigoted little c**t.

Did I completely imagine it, or did Our Tommy not have a Road-to-Damascus style epiphany a few years back when he realised that the far right was inherently wrong? What changed? It couldn't possibly have been a slight of hand aimed at getting him more media coverage, could it?

Simple Minds gig in Manchester went ahead. Preceded by a heartfelt explanation from Jim Kerr. They wouldnt get paid if it didn't.

ISIS released this response.

Like most other people we never knew it was on in the first place. Simple Minds have been shite since 1980.

Did I completely imagine it, or did Our Tommy not have a Road-to-Damascus style epiphany a few years back when he realised that the far right was inherently wrong? What changed? It couldn't possibly have been a slight of hand aimed at getting him more media coverage, could it?

I think he's just thick as shit tbh. I wouldn't normally simplify it but he is utterly thick.

36 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

"Good, honest Muslims" have distanced themselves from this for as long as it's been going on. If you don't think they have that's more on you than them.

"Good honest Muslims" don't want to kill you they just want to turn you to Islam

I seem to remember this, but if I mind right it was more he left the EDL because the "unfair" reputation it had gained and it was causing him, and his family, trouble rather than any actual realisation that he was wrong. The man's a fud.

"Good honest Muslims" don't want to kill you they just want to turn you to Islam

Most of my muslim mates just want to smoke weed and watch shit on YouTube but if there's an ulterior motive and that motive is to convert me to Islam then by all means continue.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Most of my muslim mates just want to smoke weed and watch shit on YouTube but if there's an ulterior motive and that motive is to convert me to Islam then by all means continue.

Potheads are rife in every religion however they do eventually stop taking drugs and seek other goals

2 minutes ago, Deemax said:

Potheads are rife in every religion however they do eventually stop taking drugs and seek other goals

Okay well I'll be on the lookout when their YT recommendations switch from BG Media to ISIS propaganda.

Archived