Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People on the left suggesting that it was an inside job to help May win the election, and on my Facebook feed 3 friends have liked a post saying that we should execute the families of terrorists as an example.

Whilst i dont agree with the sentiment, what a deterrent that would be [emoji38]

That front page of the Sun was obviously printed before the attack had happened.

In the best case scenario people sharing this as some sort of anti-Sun meme are misguided or ignorant, in the worst case they are using this attack as a way to push their own political beliefs.  It's actually staggering to me that I've seen this.

I don't for a second think this was an inside job or anything like that. But it undoubtedly could advantage the Tories.

They were under real pressure with the "Dementia Tax" and subsequent U-turn and Labour were gaining in the polls (albeit not by enough to have a realistic chance of winning).

People tend to drift to the right when things like this happen. Also, there will be a kneejerk reaction among some to blame immigration (or, even more stupidly, the EU) and Labour is always seen as more "soft" on these issues.

There's also the whole "Corbyn loves terrorists cos he used to like the IRA" shtick which the RWNJ press won't hesitate to use.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

No harm in that. We're far more likely to die in a gardening accident than from a terrorist attack. If it reassures the public it's a good thing. Meanwhile hopefully the real experts are tracking down anyone remotely involved.

Especially if you happen to play drums in a rock band.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

That front page of the Sun was obviously printed before the attack had happened.

In the best case scenario people sharing this as some sort of anti-Sun meme are misguided or ignorant, in the worst case they are using this attack as a way to push their own political beliefs.  It's actually staggering to me that I've seen this.

Not 'obviously' at all.

Why are you are staggered at this time of night?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Why would a terrorist attack benefit May who has been Home Secretary or Prime Minister since 2010, basically in charge of our defence?

Britain first will be advocating voting for her in a couple of weeks. - If they don't already.

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Are you saying it would've been madness not to raise it immediately after the atttack or after ut was established that there is a suspected network?

Who built the London suicide bombers bombs?

The latter. I think there probably would've been a justification for the former as well considering there hasn't been an attack of this magnitude I can recall since 7/7.

38 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

The army and bomb disposal have been sent to college in Trafford. Hopefully a false alarm.

ETA: Street not a college apparently, bit of a difference

BBC says they are being sent to Hulme...that the same area?

EDIT - false alarm.

It's okay lads, Katy Perry know's what we should do to combat these attacks

“No barriers, no borders, we all just need to co-exist,” she said, while calling for “the greatest thing,” and that is to “just united and love on each other,”

Yeah, cause that's the solution you fucking moron

Archived