Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

On 1/3/2018 at 22:37, Granny Danger said:

Anyone who doesn’t intimately know this guys circumstances shouldn’t judge.

I have no idea what I’d do if I was unfortunate enough to be in his position.  I am just very grateful that I am not.

I'm not sure what kind of moral stand you're trying to take here - but it's the wrong one.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, throbber said:

I know but theft under those circumstances is completely different to pinching someone’s I phone when it’s hanging out from their pocket on a bus for example. 

It really isn't throbber.

Maybe it’s an age thing, but I often forget that many folk on here see every topic as a competition where they feel the need to ‘win’.

This obscures the genuine disagreement and desire for dialogue with those seeking to score points and the faux shock merchants.

The theft was despicable but I stand by my original post.  I think myself very fortunate that I’ve never been in the situation this guy was.  Had I been I may have done the same; so may have you.

For those who don’t know I’m an atheist, but I can identify with the saying “There but for the grace of god go I”.

I think myself very fortunate that I’ve never been in the situation this guy was.  Had I been I may have done the same; so may have you.

I think that this is a very fair point to make. We can all do stupid things when we're desperate and logic can go out the window sometimes. For all we know, the guy may have thought that it was a choice of either i) two people dying (ie him through hunger/cold or whatever) or ii) just one dying courtesy of the money a dead person won't miss. If you thought like that, the latter would certainly seem the lesser of two evils.

However, it's still also fair to judge whether it's despicable or not. Obviously needs some consideration of the circumstances during the thinking process, but judging is exactly what the aptly named judge will do when he/she passes sentence.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe it’s an age thing, but I often forget that many folk on here see every topic as a competition where they feel the need to ‘win’.

This obscures the genuine disagreement and desire for dialogue with those seeking to score points and the faux shock merchants.

The theft was despicable but I stand by my original post.  I think myself very fortunate that I’ve never been in the situation this guy was.  Had I been I may have done the same; so may have you.

For those who don’t know I’m an atheist, but I can identify with the saying “There but for the grace of god go I”.

What a heap of pretentious shite.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Being homeless at least explains his actions a bit. If it were just a normal attendee who fancied a new I phone and a free McDonald’s it would be worse.

What charges will the tramp be facing for stealing from the deceased? Obviously from a moral perspective he is going to hell but is there a specific charge for looting a crime scene in the aftermath of a terrorist attack?

I don't think she was deceased, just injured. Could be wrong. 

Bloody homeless people stealing things. Whatever next?

Spoiler

IMO the most sensible thing to do would have been to steal bank cards from dead people instead of people who are still alive. It's not as if the dead people need their cards anymore.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Inheritance.

[won'tsomebodythinkaboutthechildren.gif goes here]

In my day children were going down coal mines and sweeping chimneys. They don't need all that money. They will just spend it all on fidget spinners, Nintendo Switch games and tickets to see Little Mix.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

The woman he stole the bank card off was the grand mother of 14 year old Sorrell Leczkowski who was dying just meters away. The iPhone he stole was from a victim who can’t be named for legal reasons as she is too young. He was also walking around filming victims on his own phone.

The homeless guy has a phone? (God, do I sound like the Daily Mail?)

Archived