The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

11 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

Is anyone expecting a lot of demand for the Rangers tickets on Boxing Day? I won't be able to get to the ticket office until next week and just wondering if, being Boxing Day, there will be a rush for them? I'm guessing, given our current form, there won't be, but just wanted to see what folk thought.

I would be surprised if we have sold (or will sell) more than a couple hundred. I think the only difficulty we’ll have is settling on which seat to be at on the day. And spending 90 minutes in the vicinity of Rangers fans. 

Edited by buddie06smfc

2 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

I would be surprised if we have sold (or will sell) more than a couple hundred. I think the only difficulty we’ll have is settling on which seat to be at on the day. And spending 90 minutes in the vicinity of Rangers fans. 

A price of £29 doesn't help and neither does our current form. However, it's five miles from Paisley, traditional to watch the fitba on Boxing Day and you just never know - Hamilton won there a couple of years back!

How sweet would it be, after the Needham saga, if we were to get a victory there? In fact, I was wondering what the odds are for us to win our next two games...   

We've had a number of positive Covid cases reported. Games still going ahead, apprently.

St Mirren Football Club can confirm that following recent lateral flow testing we have unfortunately received a number of positive COVID-19 cases.

In line with Government guidelines, those affected have now taken PCR tests and will self-isolate for 10 days. 

Training has been suspended, but as it stands our upcoming matches will still go ahead. We will continue to monitor the situation over the coming days.

The health and wellbeing of our players and staff remains our utmost priority. 

St Mirren Football Club will make no further comment at this time. 

Edited by Coventry Saint

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We've had a number of positive Covid cases reported. Games still going ahead, apprently.

Deep joy. Guess it was inevitable, given the amount of cases in general and the recent English football call offs that we'd see some of that too.

29 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Ouch! If that's first team players we're in trouble, surely?

Let McGrath go for whatever the highest fee we’re offered is.

Goodwin is hellbent in bypassing the midfield with his hoofball tactics.

Losing McGrath in January will make no difference to us as we barely use his qualities just now anyway.

McGrath must be looking at the way Goodwin has us playing this season and cursing his luck he didn’t get a move away in the summer.

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Losing McGrath in January will make no difference to us as we barely use his qualities just now anyway.

McGrath must be looking at the way Goodwin has us playing this season and cursing his luck he didn’t get a move away in the summer.

My thoughts precisely. I'm just glad the transfer chat has started already - increases our chances of getting something decent in return, cash or player, in January.

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I'd have to agree with this, we don't get him involved in games with how we play but I'd much rather not lose him to another Scottish side.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
6 minutes ago, Munoz said:
The national press and was supposedly on STV.

Definitely not on STV news tonight.

I didn't see it, someone else had mentioned it. The story is running on most papers websites. 

I can't see him ending up at the likes of Aberdeen, probably destined for England. 

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

I didn't see it, someone else had mentioned it. The story is running on most papers websites. 

I can't see him ending up at the likes of Aberdeen, probably destined for England. 

Or Celtic.

Agree with this. I'd rather keep McGrath and let Goodwin go. These long balls out to wing backs is a shite tactic that I am sick of.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:
7 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Agree with this. I'd rather keep McGrath and let Goodwin go. These long balls out to wing backs is a shite tactic that I am sick of.

We finished 7th in the league last season and reached two semi-finals. We're going through a rough patch at the moment, and some of the football has been poor. But see the first 35 mins at home to Rangers? We were playing them off the park. I was at Easter Road for the 2-2 draw and we were great. Let's get some perspective here, please.