Defenders

Dunne, Gallagher, Fraser, R.Taylor, Tanser, Strain, Kenny 

Midfielders

O'Hara, Gogic, Flynn, Baccus, Kiltie, Boyd-Munce, F.Taylor

Forwards

Brophy, Ayunga, Greive, Olusanya, Offord, Jamieson

Edited by Buttocks Brown

2 hours ago, Ric said:

He did mention he'd like to change it, but equally he's admitted the current setup suits the players we have. As the team is remaining pretty much the same, it makes sense to keep the same formation.

With the strikers, I can't believe Nahmani is coming in as first choice, and with Ayunga injured until October (?) and Brophy almost permanently injured, that makes our starting strikers Greive and Jamieson. Now I wish the best for both of those guys, but it would take a hell of a turn around pre-season for them to turn into a cogent goal threat.

I think Greive is worth a try. Always very mobile and definitely helps us get up the pitch. Does have a goal or too in him but so for not prolific. Not too far away from cementing a place last season before his injury. I think he's done more than just ok.

29 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

I think Greive is worth a try. Always very mobile and definitely helps us get up the pitch. Does have a goal or too in him but so for not prolific. Not too far away from cementing a place last season before his injury. I think he's done more than just ok.

Greive is still young and improving.  Not in the same class as Strain or Baccus , but still a good prospect. 

10 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Greive is still young and improving.  Not in the same class as Strain or Baccus , but still a good prospect. 

Good player who works hard but not a first pick as his goal return is not good enough yet. A good sub to have and a worker bit like most not a prolific scorer or even a goal every three or four games say

2 hours ago, Ric said:

He did mention he'd like to change it, but equally he's admitted the current setup suits the players we have. As the team is remaining pretty much the same, it makes sense to keep the same formation.

With the strikers, I can't believe Nahmani is coming in as first choice, and with Ayunga injured until October (?) and Brophy almost permanently injured, that makes our starting strikers Greive and Jamieson. Now I wish the best for both of those guys, but it would take a hell of a turn around pre-season for them to turn into a cogent goal threat.

Grieve cannot do the job Main did as he’s physically not as strong - I believe he’s decent but he’s not a starter if we are serious about finishing top six again. I trust the manager will have someone in mind and hopefully he gets a replacement in as Main was excellent 

24 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Serious question, where are you pulling a potential 250k from for this Israeli boy?

We're fucking massive mate!!!

In all seriousness though, we're not. Not yet at least.

It's a loan with an option to buy for £250k. If he ends up absolutely brilliant and batters in loads of goals, we will scramble the funds together from somewhere as he'll be worth far more than the outlay at that point. Just need to make sure his parent club doesn't have one of those pesky clauses that allows them to give us money in order to cancel the option to buy clause.

Edited by djchapsticks

49 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Serious question, where are you pulling a potential 250k from for this Israeli boy?

It's an option to buy, not an obligation. If he scores 20 goals this season I'm sure we'll find the money from somewhere.

Then sell him the next week.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Rumour on the St. Johnstone thread (from an Aberdeen fan) that Main is training with them.

Surely no 😂

Can't imagine that is true.

He's been living in the same estate as me and he's still very much here though so can't rule out a stay in Scotland I guess!

1 minute ago, Div said:

Can't imagine that is true.

He's been living in the same estate as me and he's still very much here though so can't rule out a stay in Scotland I guess!

I'd be seriously disappointed if he stayed up here qith another side unless he was signing for Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen. None of which seem likely.

I genuinely believe that Alex Grieve is a more talented player than we have seen from him so far. A full international for NZ should be far too good to be sitting on our subs bench until the 75th minute. His time with us thus far is reminiscent of Aaron Mooy's spell in Paisley - we really missed a trick with him and failed to tap into his true potential. Let's hope that history doesn't repeat with Alex Grieve. He has plenty of pace (which we have seen) and an eye for goal and if he is given a fair chance as a starter I'm convinced there is more to come from him than we've seen so far if we can find a style of play to exploit his other strengths. There could easily be a 20+ goal striker in there like a Billy McKay.