The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Some of the twitter comments are fucking shocking. 

We've found the target for the moaning c***s already it seems.  A lot of people with short memories. Likely the same folk who were all over Carson after 4 or 5 games as he wasn't Alnwick.

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

If that’s true it’s a fuckin disgrace that two grown men can’t resolve such a trivial matter. Fuckin joke. 

The Hemming signing has been in place for weeks , the club must have known that Carson wasn't coming back. Be interesting to see what happens , we won't let him go on loan unless the other club pay his full wage , so if it's permanent we'll be getting a fairly decent fee , or else he'll be looking at being out of the game ?

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

The Hemming signing has been in place for weeks , the club must have known that Carson wasn't coming back. Be interesting to see what happens , we won't let him go on loan unless the other club pay his full wage , so if it's permanent we'll be getting a fairly decent fee , or else he'll be looking at being out of the game ?

Are you sure?

The option is either they accept a share of his wage being paid and he goes on loan OR they're stuck paying all of his wage for him to train with the kids. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We've found the target for the moaning c***s already it seems.  A lot of people with short memories. Likely the same folk who were all over Carson after 4 or 5 games as he wasn't Alnwick.

Obviously we don't know all that's going on. Hemming will do fine for us , but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a back up to A N Other , as I get the feeling that SR has seen enough of big Urminsky to know he won't do !

Langfield has an excellent track record so if he thinks Hemming is a suitable replacement for Carson that will do for me. We hold the aces here as Carson is weeks into a new deal. Either a club meets our valuation or he goes on loan with the loanee taking on his wages. Given our recent keeper churn I'm not at all worried by this.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

From the usual brainless fools no doubt.

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Are you sure?

The option is either they accept a share of his wage being paid or and he goes on loan OR they're stuck paying all of it for a player who's been banished. 

Will we have to pay him if he's refusing to come to work? Surely he's breaching his contract?

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

Obviously we don't know all that's going on. Hemming will do fine for us , but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a back up to A N Other , as I get the feeling that SR has seen enough of big Urminsky to know he won't do !

The comments on the website definitely allude to him coming in and doing well and fighting for a Jersey. Not undisputed number 1 by any means.

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

Will we have to pay him if he's refusing to come to work? Surely he's breaching his contract?

If the rumours of the apparent fall out are true, it's more likely he's been told to stay away.

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

I believe TC has a special arrangement with us , which means he only trains a couple of days a week , as he and his family/partner still live in England. I don't want to see it end acrimoniously as he was great for us last season ,  but the club hold all the aces here. 

I have a feeling if we sell Carson, club will definitely go with a full time contracted keeper as a replacement. 

Maybe it's the Cornell and Rodgers effect but I hate the idea of relying on a loam goalie as our number 1 with no contingency plan.

If the rumours of why Carson wants away are true, then he's a fucking overreacting manchild and the club are 100% in the right.

You have to be hopeful that an apology from Carson will be enough to bring him back into the fold.

Seems a bit of a coincidence that a press story saying that we're after 6 figures for TC and the Hemming announcement (as well as that slow-mo video of him in action) happened pretty much simultaneously. A wee message to Trev? I think he'll want to be playing football.

Fingers crossed all can be resolved. As others have said, I think a new number 2 would have been signed anyway.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

This. It didn’t work out for Brophy at St Mirren, but he was never the target of the boo boys, and the support never once turned on him. If anything, we were willing him to do well. If he plays against us I don’t think for one minute he’ll be particularly singled out for a right good ‘welcome back to the North Bank side of the ground’ type of greeting.

If he came over to take an early throw in, he’d likely get a ripple of applause, then nothing.

We’ve boooed players for a lot less. 

Boooooooo

Hemming was a young keeper playing for a struggling newly promoted side and, as we’ve heard, had personal issues in the background. 

I have every confidence Robinson will have the goalkeeper’s position sorted. 

If @billyg’s story about the Carson fallout happened is true then so be it. These things happen in football and the manager nearly always wins. 

I think Carson is a decent keeper but I always thought he was a bit on the short side. 

57 minutes ago, billyg said:

Carson and SR allegedly had a major bust-up at the last game v RFC , he was dropped unexpectedly and he had family over for the game and took the hump !

Family had flown over from NI. Presumably not of the St. Mirren persuasion either, to see him play against Rangers.

Manager decides not to risk him in a dead rubber as is the gaffer's prerogative in a nothing match and he has went off on one. The decision is not made to satisfy a player's family who by all accounts are over to actively watch the team their family member is playing for, get beaten. The decision is made as its best for the team.

There's a few comments on social media as well alluding to his brother having a dig at Robinson at the POTY do a few days later which ties into all this. Again all eyewitness accounts so nothing official but if it's the case then Carson is 100% in the wrong on both fronts and is being a petulant child. He owes Robinson an apology on behalf of his family members before he comes back into the fold.

If its all true of course.

Edited by djchapsticks