The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

St mirren gave Mandron a 2 year deal?

I eagerly await your opinions.

Can we watch him and the others play a few games first?

St Mirren signed two relatively unknowns on 2 year deals from Oz last year and those turned out good deals.

No doubt the graph guy from Perth knew they were guid players!

We also signed experienced and established strikers in Dargo and Brophy on long contracts and they were rarely off the treatment table. 

In Robbo we trust! 

Just now, Molotov said:

St Mirren signed two relatively unknowns on 2 year deals from Oz last year and those turned out good deals.

No doubt the graph guy from Perth knew they were guid players!

strain.thumb.png.f0b23f609b6943a506dbf641d45c5fa4.png

15 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Can we watch him and the others play a few games first?

yes, that's exactly what I said. I will await your opinions, eagerly.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

yes, that's exactly what I said. I will await your opinions, eagerly.

No it’s not what you said “exactly” is it?

You are having a dig as we’ve signed another player from our feeder club. 😂 

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

No it’s not what you said “exactly” is it?

You are having a dig as we’ve signed another player from our feeder club. 😂 

Now you are just being pedantic.
I am not having a dig to be honest. I don't think he's good enough for either of our teams though. I didn't want him (or Obika) to be signed by Motherwell.

2 years shocked me. But as I said I will look forward to your opinions on him, whenever you feel it is fair to judge him.

25 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Having seen what Robinson managed to do with Curtis Main, I definitely am not writing anybody off at this stage. 

We seen Main absolutely bully Aberdeen at Hampden and thought he was the next Moult… he was shit. Went tae Paisley and was very decent apparently… if Robinson can make a striker out of Mandron… i want Robbo back 😆

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Now you are just being pedantic.
I am not having a dig to be honest. I don't think he's good enough for either of our teams though. I didn't want him (or Obika) to be signed by Motherwell.

2 years shocked me. But as I said I will look forward to your opinions on him, whenever you feel it is fair to judge him.

In typical St Mirren style he might be shite for 23 months but score a winning goal in a cup final or a relegation playoff and become a club legend! 

After all Obika is still a legend in Paisley for relegating Hearts. 

Ask me again in 2 years. 😂 

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

What was the name of the guy who turned down new terms at Motherwell last summer to come to us?

His game went to the next level, player of the year and became captain of the football club.... Mark something was it?

Let's hope for similar.

And…..Fwiw I always rated OHara. Was delighted when he signed for us. 

But he was injured for a fair chunk of his time with us. When he was not injured he had some decent games but did not live up to my or most of our fans expectations. 

Many players are average or poor at some clubs and then go on to play very well at others. Van Veen is a very obvious example for us. Tony Watt another…it happens. 

It is like you are talking as if St Mirren have the magic formula. How did Brophy work out for you ? Some you win some you lose. 

Personally, I'm quite deflated by it. The chatter of Fletcher, Main and Pressley over the last few days had me a bit optimistic that we'd be getting someone with a bit something up top so to get Mandron, honestly is a wee bit of a let down.

That being said, he does have a decent scoring record at League 1 level in England, almost 1 in 3 which is very good. If he can replicate what Main did last season and bag 8 or so goals, it could turn out OK.  From what I see and hear, he's very, very unorthodox and hard to second guess. We already have someone sort of in that mould in the form of Ayunga so it will be interesting to see how he works in the side.

I don't like writing a guy off and if he'd come out of nowhere when we weren't linked with anyone, I'd be alright with it. It's just a bit deflating when we saw what the alternative names were.

You never know though, Robinson wanted him in January and he might suit our style of play. It's easy to say he's not Main but really, who was ever going to replicate that level of physicality and power that Main provided?

Bottom line is the squad is coming together and the wage bill is under budget compared to last season - so there's scope for further good signings.

Who is next weeks surprise player? Who is the less surprising inbound player too?

9 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Well fans are writing off Mandron however your manager was very keen to keep him. So who knows best? Manager or fans?

Fans obviously.  This forum is full of experts who have clearly missed their vocation in life.