The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 minutes ago, DaftTon74 said:

Any idea if Lewis Strapp is still kicking about on trial with you lot? Have heard very little about him since he left us. 

I’m of the understanding that he’s not on trial with us, but I’m sure someone with inside info can confirm or deny.

6 minutes ago, DaftTon74 said:

Any idea if Lewis Strapp is still kicking about on trial with you lot? Have heard very little about him since he left us. 

I would like us to sign him , from my experience of watching Friday night championship games he looked good going down the left and has the look of a player that can player that can play a couple of positions 

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m of the understanding that he’s not on trial with us, but I’m sure someone with inside info can confirm or deny.

There was a suggestion from last week that both Strapp and Jordan Marshall were on trial with us, but no idea if this is or was accurate.

6 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

I’m presuming you were wrong and it wasn’t a full strength team? 

Nope.

It was as full strength as we can muster at present.

A few players injured and Baccus, who hasn't kicked a ball for a few weeks, who wouldn't normally have started, if we hadn't been so short in midfield

O'Hara suspended and Gallagher off to Dundee United.

Bar Greive our bench would be lucky to muster double figures in terms of first team appearances last season.

However, apparently we were dreadful for which we have no excuses for.

Credit to Cowdenbeath for a great, but ultimately unrewarding, performance.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Nope.

It was as full strength as we can muster at present.

A few players injured and Baccus, who hasn't kicked a ball for a few weeks, who wouldn't normally have started, if we hadn't been so short in midfield

O'Hara suspended and Gallagher off to Dundee United.

Bar Greive our bench would be lucky to muster double figures in terms of first team appearances last season.

However, apparently we were dreadful for which we have no excuses for.

Credit to Cowdenbeath for a great, but ultimately unrewarding, performance.

It was quite amusing how poor St Mirren were at times. Pinging passes straight out several times. So little creativity and as for number 9, the less said the better. 
Will need a few decent additions to have any hopes of top 6 again. 
Cowden fought hard but just ran out of steam last 10 mins. 

14 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

It was quite amusing how poor St Mirren were at times. Pinging passes straight out several times. So little creativity and as for number 9, the less said the better. 

We were poor . That long ping out the park from Dunne is a regular feature of our game . We had no shape yesterday and badly missed  Baccus and OHara  , Cowdenbeaths pitch didn't make it easy to move the  ball either . Cowdenbeath were decent though and worked hard,  I think they will have a good season .

12 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Sounds like we reverted to our Montrose performance levels, as opposed to our performance against Arbroath.

Without O'Hara and Kiltie we really lack creativity. Also, if Strain, has a bad game, which he did last night, we struggle. McMenamin signed from Glentoran is a very creative player. However, unfortunately he's injured.

The jury is still out on Mandron. Still far from match fit, but had a better game v Arbroath. 

We still have the nucleus of our team from last season, so another two or three signings and we should be fine.

18 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

The reality is we will be just fine this season in the countries top professional league, however we greatly appreciate your concern.

The more I read how utterly shite we were, with zero creativity, passes pinged oot’ the park, no spark, no threat, no chance, and we’re pretty much a piss poor outfit, the more I find a 95th minute winner highly pleasing.

Just now, Buttocks Brown said:

Jamie McGrath a free agent I see. Wasn't looking likely anyway but no sell-on fee for us.

I'd imagine that Jim will be on the phone to him.....

I'd be very happy to see Jamie back if Baccus moved on. Especially as Kiltie is also appearing to be long term.

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd be very happy to see Jamie back if Baccus moved on. Especially as Kiltie is also appearing to be long term.

Totally agree. I feel Robbo could get his career back on track. 

Supposed to be a busy 48 hours in the transfer market for us. I am not holding my breath. 

Bolton and Dec was a surprise. Would be nice to see someone else in tomorrow

32 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Jamie McGrath a free agent I see. Wasn't looking likely anyway but no sell-on fee for us.

I'd imagine that Jim will be on the phone to him.....

I'd be surprised if he went to the Championship, there was talk of him going to Hibs. 

Might as well bring Ronan, Hladky, Popescu and Dorman back too.

We don’t always have to re-sign guys who were decent for us.

I think McGrath is a decent player. But barring his spell with us he has ranged from distinctly average to dog shit.

Even when he did play for us, if he wasn’t the penalty taker when we won the most  penalties in living memory then I highly doubt we’d even still be talking about him.