The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Road Dogg said:

Baccus was excellent today, didn't look rusty at all IMO.

He controlled the game after Strain went off, didn’t look like he was just back from injury at all, he was everywhere.

3 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Wee shout out for Hemmings. Another clean sheet and looked assured all game. 

Yip.

Did everything he needed to do with a fair degree of competence.

He had one excellent early throw out to Jamieson (?) which set up a move that should have ended up as a goal.

Got to be pleased with another 4-0 win. A bit miffed we are unseeded for the draw but that's entirely our own doing. 

Prefer Ayr away, we seem to have their number. Don't want Airdrie at home or away after last summer.

I'll be amazed if we still have Strain by the end of the window and feel a tad guilty, he's far too good for us and this league. 

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Got to be pleased with another 4-0 win. A bit miffed we are unseeded for the draw but that's entirely our own doing. 

Prefer Ayr away, we seem to have their number. Don't want Airdrie at home or away after last summer.

I'll be amazed if we still have Strain by the end of the window and feel a tad guilty, he's far too good for us and this league. 

Ryan Stain is by a considerable distance a level above. I dread to think of how much it will effect our system when he inevitably goes before the end of this window.

We really need to get this one right in terms of a fee that represents his true value. 

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Ryan Stain is by a considerable distance a level above. I dread to think of how much it will effect our system when he inevitably goes before the end of this window.

We really need to get this one right in terms of a fee that represents his true value. 

Robinson said were in no need to sell unless its money we cannot turn down. 

I won't hold my breath on that front though.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Taylor was excellent but did throw in straight to a Forfar player 18 yards out from goal. A better side would've punished us there. Hopefully ironing out all these wee errors before the league kicks off.

That was a bit unlucky, I saw what he saw which was O'Hara running into that space to take the ball. Unfortunately O'Hara stopped just as he threw it.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Robinson said were in no need to sell unless its money we cannot turn down. 

I won't hold my breath on that front though.

I would bite your hand off to keep him, but we have to be realistic in terms of any big money offer that comes our way, given he’s in the 2nd year of his 2 year deal.

The hard part is replacing him with a player of similar quality.

2 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I would bite your hand off to keep him, but we have to be realistic in terms of any big money offer that comes our way, given he’s in the 2nd year of his 2 year deal.

I think that will be nigh on impossible. 

Robinson did a good job on radio of playing Strain down. Said he's a good player when he keeps it simple which is about as far a description of him as I could imagine.

Just now, glenburn bud said:

No problem Vince, there’s bound to be someone at Motherwell unhappy/ used in the wrong position/boo boy favourite or just wants to come to a bigger team that we can fleece them for nothing waiting on the call from Robbo who then turns them into a proper player….😂

3 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

It would be difficult to get a player who is anywhere near strain. He is outstanding. Cannot believe a big money offer hasn't came in already. 

Strain is top drawer

Had a beer with a few Forfar fans in town post match. They were fuming at the guy called Elvis who had lead them to believe Saints were total gash and there for the taking. Ultimately they were pretty pleased by their performance but ultimately they were thoroughly outclassed as expected by a team miles better than them. Elvis is a Fud 😀

Lewis Jamieson seems unwilling (or unable) to cross the ball with his right foot. Either way it's peculiar that Robinson played him on the right side of the park - the Forfar defenders were aware that he would always cut inside to cross the ball with his left foot.