The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Are you disappointed after all you had us hammered like every other game. Jeez why do I bite to this tits shite. 

Elvis is playing an absolute blinder. Win , lose or draw he get's the attention he craves. He must be pissing himself laughing at the amount of replies he generates here and on BAWA. Fair play to him 👍

2 hours ago, C_titz said:

First time at your new stadium. Good wee ground that. Groundsman should get a 10 year contract pitch looked excellent 

Got a couple of bob on Forfar to win league 2 based on three wins in our section . Think they are good value at 4/1 . Can see Spartans being your main competition.  What are your thoughts ? .

2 hours ago, C_titz said:

First time at your new stadium. Good wee ground that. Groundsman should get a 10 year contract pitch looked excellent 

Yes. It’s been excellent the last few years. 
I’m sure it’s not easy keeping a pitch in good condition, but if we ever tried to go down the plastic route, I reckon I’d go full ‘just stop oil’ at Greenhill Rd. 
I know there’s a cost implication, but plastic grass should be banned.
I’d rather play on a shit grass surface than the potential injury lottery surfaces we see at some clubs. 
But anyway, yes, it’s very nice to hear from other fans that we do a good job. I hop the unsung groundstaff heroes read this. 👍

35 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

I reckon he's read the Josh Kayode rumour. 

Kayode makes sense I guess. I've a few issues with it though.

He is (or at least was) highly rated and Rotherham clearly see him as in their plans. That being said, I defintely am not on board with giving a guy who has been out for the best part of a full year a significant number of minutes to get him back to fitness and not see the best out of him until maybe halfway through his 4 month loan spell before then inevitably shifting him back, oven ready, to Rotherham.

I'd much rather we gave a 4 month loan deal to a lad who is currently up to speed but in pre-season mode. Bear in mind by October, we should be seeing Jonah's name in matchday squads again and when that happens, I'd much prefer to give Jonah minutes to benefit him and us than someone like Kayode to benefit him and Rotherham in short term.

I'll bookend this though by saying if it ends up a longer term loan or a permanent deal, then I'm all for seeing Kayode in a Saints shirt and he'd actually be a bit of a coup. I've no interest in a lad who will be gone by January, though. Particularly one that we've worked to get up to match speed and will reap the bare minimum of the rewards of doing so.

Edited by djchapsticks

Thought our second goal was sensational today, regardless of the league gulf between the two clubs.

Forfar we’re better than Arbroath were last week and should really have score a goal themselves second half with the one that smashed the bar.

Shame to go out having won 3 of the 4 games but good results that bode well for their league 2 campaign.

6 minutes ago, Div said:

Thought our second goal was sensational today, regardless of the league gulf between the two clubs.

Forfar we’re better than Arbroath were last week and should really have score a goal themselves second half with the one that smashed the bar.

Shame to go out having won 3 of the 4 games but good results that bode well for their league 2 campaign.

We were dreadful today , probably because of the standard of opposition . Arbroath must have been horrendous 

15 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

Yes. It’s been excellent the last few years. 
I’m sure it’s not easy keeping a pitch in good condition, but if we ever tried to go down the plastic route, I reckon I’d go full ‘just stop oil’ at Greenhill Rd. 
I know there’s a cost implication, but plastic grass should be banned.
I’d rather play on a shit grass surface than the potential injury lottery surfaces we see at some clubs. 
But anyway, yes, it’s very nice to hear from other fans that we do a good job. I hop the unsung groundstaff heroes read this. 👍

Plastic pitches for clubs our size are no brainers . No lost match day income from hospitality from postponements. But I agree top flight should be plastic free 

16 minutes ago, elvis said:

P.S.who gives a f**k other than you.

Quite a few, given how many posters are laughing at your continued stupidity.:lol:

You really are the gift that keeps giving.