The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

32 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Option 5 in a bright red with the Abbey motif as a background image, as a change from a Paisley pattern, looks good…. But goddamit…. I can’t help but like that red & white lightning bolt Tunnocks teacake. 😎

1 hour ago, smellthepaw said:

I'm all for the Tunnack's option :)

😬 

The only problem with option 1 is the club might want to go for something lighter, and the black shorts and darkish top might not be enough of a contrast. Could it be  made in a lighter shade with different shorts?

Presumably by permitting it to go for a vote, the club are happy with all options, but my initial thought was the third kit is necessary because of  potential clashes with the current home and away kits.

Option three is okay, but the others are rank rotten - in my humble opinion, of course.

9 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I was just about to post this, but having taken a late lunch you beat me to it.

That red paisley patter kit is absolutely beautiful. 😍

Screenshot2023-08-1713_48_58.thumb.png.67f940c23c3f81cea686071296065e18.png

If they do the black badge on it, it needs to be black background with a red badge. The two shades of black on the image looks really naff.

IMO...

#1 easily my favourite, with a white badge tho, doesn't need to be monochrome but no problems if it is.

#2 is absolutely disgusting

#3 is very boring

#4 is probably what we'll get, it's OK for a 3rd strip

#5 why have this as and option and #1 too, they are pretty much the same strip right and #1 is better at it.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If they do the black badge on it, it needs to be black background with a red badge. The two shades of black on the image looks really naff.

I just read your comment again about the Paisly Abbey motif, and I have to admit that I wasn't aware that's what it was - philistine that I am. I therefore have more respect for that one, now. 

Option one will be a seller, and just looks smart. However I think it should be a lighter shade, maybe even pink, and with the entire kit being that colour to make it serve its purpose as an alternative in the event of kit clashes. 

I wanted to design a white kit with the Paisley skyline, similar to the Northbank mural, but I just wasn't capable of producing that.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Surprised nothing mentioned on here for the 5 options for the fan-designed third kit vote.

I like option 1 but it doesn't go with the black badge. Option 5 also looks pretty good with the Paisley Abbey window motif forming the basis of the shirt but looks more pink than red.

Option 4 is suitably mental enough to be a 3rd kit - looks like a big fucking teacake and I don't like the White/Gold colour palette of the other two.

1 just edges 5 for me though.

I like option 1 the badge might come across better in the flesh rather than a photo. I'm also a fan of long sleeves. Have decided I'm going to buy a new top would wait for this one if it won. 

14 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

That red paisley patter kit is absolutely beautiful. 😍

I never knew those Zoroastrian symbols meant anything other than life and fertility. 

Does that mean all Saints fans are incredibly long living shaggers?

IMHO that first kit red is too dark and would have been better with a white trim on sleeves and collar.

This is why you do not want Tunnocks sponsoring us...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/tunnocks-dump-iconic-scottish-lion-7110248

“We could have said Scottish but you’re then promoting Scotland. We’re British.”

I think you'll find they would be far more comfortable sponsoring Rangers, and before anyone asks, do I like DigbyBrown? No, not really.

I'm not a SMISA member but had an idea of an all red kit with the Paisley Pattern through it. I contacted Pozbaird who has design experience  and he came up with this.

I posted it on the SMISA twitter feed and a Saints FB page asking if a SMISA member would submit it. I've no idea if anyone did or not.

Screenshot_20230806_133446_Yahoo Mail.jpg

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Option 1 doesn't look like a St Mirren badge and also doesn't have the Macron "hero" as the kit maker.

Someone has used the AppIn app to design kit rather than Macron App.

It is a St. Mirren badge but it has just been terribly formatted. Whoever done it has presumably tried to two-tone it but made a bit of an arse, but i can see what they've tried to do (think the hearts 150th kit this season with two tones of same colour thread for reference).

image.png.13db48bee967029e00bafc0cbb5833a3.png

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm not a SMISA member but had an idea of an all red kit with the Paisley Pattern through it. I contacted Pozbaird who has design experience  and he came up with this.

I posted it on the SMISA twitter feed and a Saints FB page asking if a SMISA member would submit it. I've no idea if anyone did or not.

Screenshot_20230806_133446_Yahoo Mail.jpg

I would have submitted that for you. 😕

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Defensively we have three players defending each side , often crowding out players and winning back possession, Tanser seems to be benefitting from this . I think  the issue many have with Tanser is that he is on a big wage , he is injury prone and a better replacement could be brought in on less wages , a bit like Brophy . That said , an on form Tanser is a very good player .

My only gripe with Tanser is I don't think he contributes enough goals or assists for a wing back, and a part of that is he passes backwards or sideways too much.

He gets into good positions, and I think he should be encouraged to hit the target when he gets a sight at goal. 

Although he gets injuries it's usual over within a couple of weeks. It's not right to mention him in the same sentence as Brophy.

He's got a great engine and mostly reads a game well.

Bringing in competition last season has clearly geed him up. Playing fab this season.

Edited by medals