The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That sounds right, I know we definitely had three thst season. Maybe the red in 2016 wasn't released either?

Think technically the white LDV strip we had the season after we came down in 2001 was a third strip too but we used the previous season's away too so not really classing it as a third as only two shirts were released that season. 

The red one in 2016/17 was a third kit.

I still have mine purely because I worked in JD at the time and we got a handful in store to put out on sale. I made sure I grabbed one because I seen us wear it away at Dundee in the 2-0 cup win at Dens and really liked it!

26 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'm talking about the sky blue. Motolov posted the dark blue strip a few posts back, and while it's a bit odd you can see where that blue comes from.

The light blue, not sure, unless it's just "we have blue, make it lighter".

I'll be honest, I'm glad we don't use blue, one of the worst colours for a football strip imo.

That and green.

9 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

That and green.

The first ever involvement with a Rangers top wearing fan was having a bottle, a glass bottle, of piss thrown at me. Dumbarton Road for those interested. I was 7, this was the 70s.

I will always associate blue tops with utter c***s. It's also why I refuse to support either OF side. Their fans were violent, petty, abusive and hateful during that time.

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, smellthepaw said:

I didnae mind the old uhlsport Mitsibushi Motors sky blue number from the late 90s. One of my first strips.

I had that one too. My first ever kit (that wasnt a hand me down) was the matchwinner 'clanford' away with the red, black, grey. I loved that kit.

I didn't mind the light blue kits but the orange uhlsport one was a shocker.

I've always thought that it must be a marketing ploy to release some utterly dreadful tops every few years, in the hope they might become cult strips, and also that when they then release a belter (like last season's away) everyone rushes to buy it.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’m going to walk into the stadium tomorrow wearing a blue Scotland shirt while eating a box of Tunnocks teacakes, just to see if Ric has me arrested.

Ooh, If only I had the power to arrest people I disagree with! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

That's a different blue.

So is Chelsea, Leicester, Man City, Cardiff, Birmingham, St Johnstone, Brazil away, erm, England Lionesses away (stops as life is too short)…. Blue is a nice colour for football strips. 😎

The Govan AllStar 2012 Doppleganger Tribute Show shouldn’t detract from blue being a nice colour. 😁

Just now, pozbaird said:

So is Chelsea, Leicester, Man City, Cardiff, Birmingham, St Johnstone, Brazil away, erm, England Lionesses away (stops as life is too short)…. Blue is a nice colour for football strips. 😎

The Govan AllStar 2012 Doppleganger Tribute Show shouldn’t detract from blue being a nice colour. 😁

I'd imagine you would know where that light blue comes from, and I say that because I presume you discussed what colours were available to you when you did the strip design.

..or perhaps I am giving the club too much credit and you were just told "do something we like" and you chose to adhere to the standard colour scheme?

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I'd imagine you would know where that light blue comes from, and I say that because I presume you discussed what colours were available to you when you did the strip design.

..or perhaps I am giving the club too much credit and you were just told "do something we like" and you chose to adhere to the standard colour scheme?

The only blue in a St Mirren strip I designed was the thin blue & red hooped 3rd kit one. The reason it came about was because JD Sports offered a fully bespoke strip design service, and the club were keen to do something different that clearly showed it was an entirely bespoke design. Including the feckin’ ‘135th anniversary’ gold embroidery that wasn’t my choice of thing to embroider, but them’s the breaks. Obviously it was a nod to, but not an attempt at exactly re-creating, an old St Mirren design. I well remember though, that when instructing JD Sports in the brief, the colours specified were, as well as giving them Pantone references, for added clarity so they knew what we were looking for - ‘Everton blue and Liverpool red’. So there you go. It was actually a Merseyside tribute strip. 😀

It achieved what the club wanted to achieve at that time - to utilise a completely bespoke design service from JD Sports. It really was, there was almost nothing they couldn’t, or wouldn’t do.

18 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

..as well as giving them Pantone references..

Look at you being all professional!

I'm sure you realise this, and I'm sure it's been told to you many times before, but the opportunity to work on the strip of the team you support is really one of those "once in a lifetime" things. You did a great job with the home and away, and while I don't like the anniversary strip, I totally understand why it looked like it did.

27 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Looking at the online ticket sales for tomorrows game make for some grim viewing. 

It would appear that the majority of our fans have decided to give the game a miss for some reason.

My 2 are already purchased. Noticed that there were still alot of seats left

5 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

There are no broadcasting cameras at the ground, the SLO tweeted out info about the game and that's what was stated about PPV.

So we are in the knockout stage of a major domestic tournament but no cameras? Seems odd. 

Yet Aberdeen are on live TV tonight against Stirling? Think it’s on BBC Scotland - perhaps hoping for a repeat of Darvel. 

Is this camera issue something to do with the viaplay contract?

Will it affect other clubs?

@SS77 do you know why this is? I’m asking you as I think you are involved with the commentary team. 

15 hours ago, Norrie82 said:

I’m not a fan of any of the options. I’d have enjoyed a Tribute to Hugh Murray 1997/98 away or a neon yellow something different. I really liked the Kelvin Homes white kit of 1990 .I understand we have had blue before but I genuinely cannot believe we might go with another red kit which is pretty boring 

I agree with this. If we are going to have a third kit I think it should be a bit different or unusual designs. Those options all seem a bit standard, white with gold/red or red which are colours we pretty regularly use. I just find them pretty uninspiring - would like to have seen something a little bit different for us. I actually liked our yellow and black kit we had.

Also Kit 1 - I thought in terms of Paisley it was 'Buddie' rather than 'Buddy' or have I been spelling it wrong for years?

Edited by flyingscot

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Looking at the online ticket sales for tomorrows game make for some grim viewing. 

It would appear that the majority of our fans have decided to give the game a miss for some reason.

Seemingly the weather is to be awful tomorrow maybe putting  people off .I have 4 tickets to get yet so maybe others doing the same Motherwell have almost sold out all there tickets over a 1000 sold as of yesterday

9 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Yet Aberdeen are on live TV tonight against Stirling? Think it’s on BBC Scotland - perhaps hoping for a repeat of Darvel. 

They aren't. Stirling Highland games is on beside Forthbank on Saturday and Aberdeen preferred to play Friday than Sunday.