The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Today we had a lot of out best performers simply not showing up. Taylor, Baccus, CBM and Strain in particular all had really week games. 

Players just seemed to pull up a yard short in their passes and it really caused us issues. I'm surectgat will be remedied in next two weeks.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Today we had a lot of out best performers simply not showing up. Taylor, Baccus, CBM and Strain in particular all had really week games. 

Players just seemed to pull up a yard short in their passes and it really caused us issues. I'm surectgat will be remedied in next two weeks.

Yes. It's a compliment really that we outplayed Aberdeen and should have had maximum points going into yesterday - where on the day, and at our poorest so far (discounting Montrose right at the start of the season), we still fought back for a point.

Livi do this to every team including the uglies too. In faces and battle till the end.

Welcome break sitting 2 points up on last season after 4 games.

Did anyone listen to radio clyde scoreboard just before it went off air at 6 they were going on about Rangers and Celtic being top of the league and the presenter reminded them St Mirren are top and everyone of the arse holes burst out laughing just showed the complete disdain they have about our club.

Never watched the game, didn't even listen to it on radio, but I did follow the BBC website and the comments on here in the game thread, and it seems like we got what we deserved.

The positive, I suppose, is that we still managed to get a point even when we didn't earn it.

35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Aye but, 2 games ago we were 6 points up on last season.

"Elvis mode".

😀

Yeah that's true ofcourse it is, but we're still ahead.

The challenge continues against Well.

It'll be difficult, but winning that one will help.

29 minutes ago, elvis said:

Did anyone listen to radio clyde scoreboard just before it went off air at 6 they were going on about Rangers and Celtic being top of the league and the presenter reminded them St Mirren are top and everyone of the arse holes burst out laughing just showed the complete disdain they have about our club.

Unfortunately that's the regard they hold every team in the country in who aren't one of the arsecheeks.

They would have done same thing if it was Motherwell or Killie or County up there. They are first folk to lament the state of the game up here but if a club mounts any sort of challenge to Rangers or Celtic in a game, it's panic mode.

Look at Killie beating Rangers and then Celtic a few weeks back, it was 95% about how bad the away side were and 5% credit to a couple of fantastic, fearless home performances. Same with us vs Celtic last season, it was all about them having an off day.

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Unfortunately that's the regard they hold every team in the country in who aren't one of the arsecheeks.

They would have done same thing if it was Motherwell or Killie or County up there. They are first folk to lament the state of the game up here but if a club mounts any sort of challenge to Rangers or Celtic in a game, it's panic mode.

Look at Killie beating Rangers and then Celtic a few weeks back, it was 95% about how bad the away side were and 5% credit to a couple of fantastic, fearless home performances. Same with us vs Celtic last season, it was all about them having an off day.

But not Hearts, Aberdeen or Hibs. They would at the very least be talking about them splitting the arse cheeks. Why not with us?

24 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Which goes to show what a brilliant start to the season we've had. 

Looking back through the records, I think that the last time we opened a top league season with 2 wins and 2 draws was 70/71.

Didn't lose any of our first 6.... then went on to get relegated!

Edited by Buttocks Brown

Plenty folk ready to analyse goals against us with Hemming in place of Carson - he had no chance yesterday and stood up when required.

(Incidently thought Carson didn't do well at the goal Dee conceeded)

CBM lost the goal scorer and was it Jamieson that lost the battle to the boy that crossed it in for their goal?

Thought Goga's header was perfect for Stav and he took it well.

Edited by medals

Just now, medals said:

Plenty folk ready to analyse goals against us with Hemming in place of Carson

I'll take that on - I'd analyse his goals as much as I would any keeper we have. My main issue with Hemming is that he doesn't command his box, and we saw that in the game against Aberdeen.

Other than that he's looked better than he did with Killie last season, but that was a pretty low bar.

All keepers are confidence players, we'll have a much better idea of just how well Hemming will cope is when we are not winning games.