The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

4 hours ago, Insaintee said:

He was certainly tremendous against hearts in his last game for the club. And no would not swap for him but was talking about swapping Main for Mandron. 

Yeah in some games back then he was our best chance of a goal. He battled hard and in some ways was a bit like Main.

Think most us though are happier with Mandron than either - you included.

Speaks volumes he's at Well now and would get few minutes if he were with is now.

7 hours ago, Insaintee said:

He was certainly tremendous against hearts in his last game for the club. And no would not swap for him but was talking about swapping Main for Mandron. 

I'm sure it's because it was last time he played in front of people for us meaning youre getting mixed up, but he played the full covid season for us.

24 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Hypothetical question. I know he hasn't won anything with us but where does Robbo rank amongst our best managers?

I’m 24 years old and he’s the best we’ve had in my lifetime

38 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Hypothetical question. I know he hasn't won anything with us but where does Robbo rank amongst our best managers?

Without thinking too much about it, I could easily reel off approximately ten names that he’s already better than, and again, without thinking too deeply, could come up with four or five names that (in my lifetime) are still ahead of him. IMHO. Naturally.

I’m not naming names. The shite ones will be dead easy to get. 😎

Edited by pozbaird

43 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

the best team I’ve seen - sure it’s early days but the past year has been superb . I’ve been supporting the team for 36 years and I’m struggling to find a better side 

If you’ve been supporting us for exactly 36 years, you really could not have picked a worse time to start supporting us. 😩

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's honestly a miracle some of you guys stuck with it.

We have had some incredible highs and lows during that time frame.
But what’s the alternative? 

Once you get hooked on the Saints it’s a difficult thing to give up.

For me now the biggest issue is the costs associated with following the team away from home. It’s just become so expensive that once you stop going to some away games it starts to become easier to miss them all especially when you can watch the games on the internet.

I just can no longer afford or justify upwards of £26 for away match tickets and that’s before travel and food. 

That was another positive result for us at Easter Rd last night with the teams drawing. 

Hibs are now 7 points behind despite playing two extra games. 

It’s so important that we continue to build on this great early season start. 

It can easily change as we saw with Hearts last season in 3rd with the cigars out and also Hibs when they were celebrating Hearts relegation in 7th place and ended up relegated themselves! 😂 Season 13/14 IIRC.

Robbos at the wheel of our European qualification campaign!

IMG_4712.jpeg.35cf3bd35fbd1c01fc0fe141aa73b43c.jpeg

IMG_4711.thumb.jpeg.16a303dd56dc9ab123a3c9155311abed.jpeg

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's honestly a miracle some of you guys stuck with it.

Being a ballboy at 10/11 and getting to see the inner workings of the club on matchday was probably a big factor in being hooked more or less instantly.

Guys like Alan Combe, Stevie Watson and Stuart Taylor will never go down on the list of all time St. Mirren legends but to a 10 year old, they were larger than life and I didn't quite have anything from the decade prior to gauge them against. 

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

That was another positive result for us at Easter Rd last night with the teams drawing. 

Hibs are now 7 points behind despite playing two extra games. 

It’s so important that we continue to build on this great early season start. 

It can easily change as we saw with Hearts last season in 3rd with the cigars out and also Hibs when they were celebrating Hearts relegation in 7th place and ended up relegated themselves! 😂 Season 13/14 IIRC.

Robbos at the wheel of our European qualification campaign!

IMG_4712.jpeg.35cf3bd35fbd1c01fc0fe141aa73b43c.jpeg

IMG_4711.thumb.jpeg.16a303dd56dc9ab123a3c9155311abed.jpeg

Yes that result and our position in the table are very welcome.

Two unlikely results tonight: both Saints teams winning. 

If this happens 12th up to 4th all bunched together and us pushing on further above. :angel

"O'Hara time" to burst their net with a late Greive goal to follow. 

14 minutes ago, medals said:

Yes that result and our position in the table are very welcome.

Two unlikely results tonight: both Saints teams winning. 

If this happens 12th up to 4th all bunched together and us pushing on further above. :angel

"O'Hara time" to burst their net with a late Greive goal to follow. 

What about Rangers taking a 7-0 goal pumping at Dens? 😂 

15 hours ago, AW saint said:

He's up there , because of the sustained improvement. Only similar situations I can remember would be Alex Wright , who turned us round on a shoestring and established us again in the top league , and of course Fergie , who came in to an almost impossible task but completely turned it around , although it took him 2 full years really. We've had a few brief highs and several lows since , but at no time did we have a manager that truly looked as if he was in control , until now !