The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

That's me just about recovered from the shock of Saturday. I am attributing it to the sickness bug and maybe the fact we played on Wednesday, when Dundee were thoroughly rested. 

I'm confident that we can arrest this poor run at home to Livingston. I expect there will be no complacency now, not that I believe that was a factor in the result at Dens,  and Robinson will have the boys geared up for the game.

Two massive games on the bounce. Right now I would take 4 points. One thing about having five internationals is that this isn't really a break for the team, though of course Baccus will get some rest against Livi.

On 13/11/2023 at 16:35, Captain_Sensible said:

Calling for the manager to change tactics that has taken us to 3rd after 1 defeat is crazy!

Exactly.  Also the "we have been found out" stuff is laughable. Football has been played for 150+years yet folk keep trotting this line out as if Robbo had "invented" some new formation that every coach in the league needed months to "work out" when in reality we had a bad day at the office and lost a game. We simply don't have the finances to sign the level of player to make inconsistency a thing of the past. Robbo has worked wonders to get us where we are but there are always going to be bumps in the road. It's during these bumps that we need to get behind the team not call for Robbo to rip it up and start again.

4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Exactly.  Also the "we have been found out" stuff is laughable. Football has been played for 150+years yet folk keep trotting this line out as if Robbo had "invented" some new formation that every coach in the league needed months to "work out" when in reality we had a bad day at the office and lost a game. We simply don't have the finances to sign the level of player to make inconsistency a thing of the past. Robbo has worked wonders to get us where we are but there are always going to be bumps in the road. It's during these bumps that we need to get behind the team not call for Robbo to rip it up and start again.

Top 6 last season and off to a better start than last season. We are never going to go through a full season undefeated. Yes it was a high score defeat, though sometimes best to get this out the road, get the players lifting their game again and get ready for after the international break to get us going again.

My first game as a 5-y-o, I was lifted over the turnstyles so 43,000 could be an underestimate (!)......

PS - How do you pronounce Gilshan? :P

Spoiler

Hughie! :P

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

On this day 1968.

Almost 43000 in attendance. 

FB_IMG_1700130838731.jpg

Edited by btb

16 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Jake Carroll currently getting back to fitness with the club. We may offer a deal depending on finances come January. 

32yo left back hmm not sure about this. I cant remember how good he was for Motherwell. 

I'm sure he trained with us before, or am I thinking of someone else?

Either way, I trust Robinson's judgement. We've already got two left backs but maybe Small will leave in January as he's not had much of a sniff due to Tanser's form. 

13 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Got to think Northern Ireland will bump O'Neil soon. Could they come calling for Robbo. 

CBM didnt even make the subs bench

I think Robbo has too much to do at club level first, whether that's with us or elsewhere is another discussion, but too early at this point in his Managerial career ....I hope !! 🙏 Complete guess of course.