The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Anyone optimistic about the Hearts game or whether we can take 3 points against Killie?

There's 8 teams fighting for 3rd to 6th currently. 

Even 2 draws is not that great. 4 or 6 points needed to keep a cushion and kick on a bit.

We must be due a goal from O'Hara, Mandron, Namani and Kiltie?

Gifts like goals or points would be most welcome.

Last weekend's game was a total farce due to the weather. Forget it, there's nothing to learn from that one. Previously Nahmani had looked sharp when provided with appropriate service from Ayunga and the midfielders. Stick with this line-up upfront, I'm confident they will gel and the goals will come.

18 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Last weekend's game was a total farce due to the weather. Forget it, there's nothing to learn from that one. Previously Nahmani had looked sharp when provided with appropriate service from Ayunga and the midfielders. Stick with this line-up upfront, I'm confident they will gel and the goals will come.

Weather looking even worse this weekend.......

On 19/12/2023 at 21:51, Molotov said:

It does seem to have improved since the beginning of the season.
What you will likely be subjected to is multiple steward checks for pyrotechnics but judging by the Motherwell display on Saturday that proved fruitless! 😂 

I could be wrong though are we still only opening 1 gate (the one nearest west stand corner) for away fans? Seems part of the problem if we are.

1 hour ago, smellthepaw said:

I could be wrong though are we still only opening 1 gate (the one nearest west stand corner) for away fans? Seems part of the problem if we are.

There is only one pair of turnstiles (IIRC) at the away end at the end you describe which I believe is different to the home family stand which has multiple points of entry. Anytime I’ve been walking by I believe both gates are open. 
Always seemed to be an odd design choice but could be because they had some changing rooms at the left hand side of the away stand. 

6 hours ago, Eednud said:

Keanu Baccus in the Australian squad for the AFC Asian Cup in Qatar 10 Jan - 12 Feb.

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/subway-socceroos-afc-asian-cup-qatar-2023tm-squad-revealed-0

Players are meeting up in Abu Dhabi on 1st of January. Looks like a few Hibs players will be missing when we next go to Easter Road, but we don’t get to play Hearts during this tournament. 

I was asked a question today that I did not know the answer to. Assume someone on here will know.

What is our record home attendance for a game not involving either of the Old Firm?

In my watching lifetime, I'd guess it was the Scottish Cup tie against Utd in 1977 (ca.20k?), but I assume we'll have had a bigger crowd way back in the day? 

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's possible that Saints initially held back the seats under the tarpaulin and have subsequently released these. It certainly won't be in any other part of the stadium.

Aye was the section next to the Ultras. All gone now. 

Some amount of folk caught out and ticketless it seems but been on sale for ages. 

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I was asked a question today that I did not know the answer to. Assume someone on here will know.

What is our record home attendance for a game not involving either of the Old Firm?

In my watching lifetime, I'd guess it was the Scottish Cup tie against Utd in 1977 (ca.20k?), but I assume we'll have had a bigger crowd way back in the day? 

I don't know the answer to this, but it's caught my interest and I've been having a look. This is the leader in the clubhouse:

image.png.d25250dac4738db07979a9c3faeb7f2a.png

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1951&GameID=195202090

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

2 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I don't know the answer to this, but it's caught my interest and I've been having a look. This is the leader in the clubhouse:

image.png.d25250dac4738db07979a9c3faeb7f2a.png

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1951&GameID=195202090

25,000 away fans