The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Nouble is leaving us before the window ends, 2 English League 1 clubs and 1 Scottish Premiership side have tabled bids atm. No clue who that could be though. Worth getting it in that if you play him as a striker you'll find yourself frustrated as his finishing is stinking. He's a winger, get him 1 on 1 and let him run and he'll succeed 

Hope its not us. I just don't rate him

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Nouble is leaving us before the window ends, 2 English League 1 clubs and 1 Scottish Premiership side have tabled bids atm. No clue who that could be though. Worth getting it in that if you play him as a striker you'll find yourself frustrated as his finishing is stinking. He's a winger, get him 1 on 1 and let him run and he'll succeed 

I was wondering if we were the team that were in for him. Can't see it being Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen. Killie and Dundee have signed Stewart and Main. St Johnstone and Motherwell I wouldn't imagine have the funds leaving us or Ross County? 

Can't say he's ever overly impressed but does seem like a bit of a Robinson signing in terms of physicality 

40 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Thought Kwon looked like a proper player despite the rustiness. His touch and turns oozed class. Thought bar a couple of wild passes Elvis was good too.

Queens were hard to break down but we stuck at it and imo never looked like not going through. 

Not sure the formation worked today with two wide forwards and a Central striker. We looked better when Jamieson replaced Mcmenamin (he's becoming increasingly frustrating).

Kwon looked a class act but as others have said looks a wee bit rusty. He is clearly a player. Liked his range of passing and turns. 

Elvis looks a player too but needs a run in the side. He could be the answer if Strain leaves in the summer. 

As for McMenamin. If we allowed him to go I wouldn't shed a tear. I just don't see a top class player with him. I thought LJ was way better when he came on. 

Robbo says we could have a couple in this week. I hope one is a striker who knows his way round the penalty box. 

Just now, Stan Bo said:

I was wondering if we were the team that were in for him. Can't see it being Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen. Killie and Dundee have signed Stewart and Main. St Johnstone and Motherwell I wouldn't imagine have the funds leaving us or Ross County? 

Can't say he's ever overly impressed but does seem like a bit of a Robinson signing in terms of physicality 

It's a goal scoring striker we require, not another wide player.

5 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

Apparently Killie bid for him in the summer. Honestly no idea who it could be. I would imagine the team are surely looking at him as a winger, knowing his strengths

20 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's a goal scoring striker we require, not another wide player.

I'm not saying he would be my choice but we are one of very few probably in a position to sign him. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Hasn't he been playing at LWB ???

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

Hasn't he been playing at LWB ???

Yeah he was stuck in at RWB for a bit. Obviously not his actual position, get him at LW and you're fine. 

I think I'm right in saying that the only one of our out-and-out centre-forwards under contract beyond the end of the season is Mandron. Maybe we'll see someone coming in on a longer contract this window with the thinking being that Olusanya, Greive and Nahmani will all move on shortly. No guarantee either that Ayunga will be here beyond the summer. It wouldn't surprise me if we were after Nouble.

46 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I think I'm right in saying that the only one of our out-and-out centre-forwards under contract beyond the end of the season is Mandron. Maybe we'll see someone coming in on a longer contract this window with the thinking being that Olusanya, Greive and Nahmani will all move on shortly. No guarantee either that Ayunga will be here beyond the summer. It wouldn't surprise me if we were after Nouble.

Ayunga signed a new deal

12 hours ago, AW saint said:

Ayunga signed a new deal

Thanks, missed that. Jonah is signed up until 2025. I think the following are out of contract:

Bolton, Gogic, Dunne, Strain, Bwomono, Flynn, Baccus, Greive, Olusanya, Nahmani.

Looks like there will a good bit more churn than we had last summer.

51 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Thanks, missed that. Jonah is signed up until 2025. I think the following are out of contract:

Bolton, Gogic, Dunne, Strain, Bwomono, Flynn, Baccus, Greive, Olusanya, Nahmani.

Looks like there will a good bit more churn than we had last summer.

From that list, I’d offer contracts to Bolton, Gogic, Bwomono  (expecting them to sign), Strain and Bacchus (hoping they sign)

34 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

From that list, I’d offer contracts to Bolton, Gogic, Bwomono  (expecting them to sign), Strain and Bacchus (hoping they sign)

We hold the option to extend Bwomono’s contract, I’d say he’s a certainty to be here next season

Nouble wouldn't surprise me purely as he could cover at LWB albeit he is more known as an attacking wide man. Robbo has done exactly that with Mcmenamin in the past although imo that hasn't worked but you could level that at Mcmenamin in any position he has played.

4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Nouble wouldn't surprise me purely as he could cover at LWB albeit he is more known as an attacking wide man. Robbo has done exactly that with Mcmenamin in the past although imo that hasn't worked but you could level that at Mcmenamin in any position he has played.

McMenamin is not the player I thought he would be.