The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

24 minutes ago, medals said:

40% plus will be taken by them and its the cup. 

Celtic will get 1600 tickets for the game, won't be any different to a league match.

Assuming the game will be on Viaplay the actual TV coverage itself won't massively harm the gate, but I don't see us getting close to the 7K that were at the league game before the break.

6K is about as good as we can expect IMO, and as always that will depend on the clubs setting sensible ticket pricing, and the TV company not giving us a really shit kick off time.

46 minutes ago, medals said:

40% plus will be taken by them and its the cup. 

Thry are entitled to 40% of gate receipts. Not 40% of the allocation.

Celtic can choose to receive no more than 20% of the allocation which is exactly the away stand and that's all they will get.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Thry are entitled to 40% of gate receipts. Not 40% of the allocation.

Celtic can choose to receive no more than 20% of the allocation which is exactly the away stand and that's all they will get.

Can we find some pillars to put in the away end just to make the entitled c***s feel a bit more at home…….

I'm personally not bothered about getting them this early in the competition. Nice yes, to get a wee away day down the coast or to an obscure ground we haven't been to before, though I'm a firn believer that a home game vs them this early in the competition, strengthens our position to go all the way IF we beat them. Other than that, worse case scenario is that it gives us more focus on a strong league finish if we go out.

Edited by smellthepaw

1 minute ago, smellthepaw said:

I'm personally not bothers about getting this early in the competition. Nice yes, to get a wee away day down the coast or to an obscure ground we haven't been to before, though I'm a firn believer that a home game vs them this early in the competition, strengthens our position to go all the way IF we beat them. Other than that, worse case scenario is that it gives us more focus on a strong league finish if we go out.

That's a decent way to look at it.

We are also looking at a guaranteed at least a £71K pay day from the tie (£47K if we go out at this stage plus £24K TV money) plus our share of the gate receipts.

I'd imagine that should loosen the purse strings a little in this week before the window closes.

34 minutes ago, Div said:

That's a decent way to look at it.

We are also looking at a guaranteed at least a £71K pay day from the tie (£47K if we go out at this stage plus £24K TV money) plus our share of the gate receipts.

I'd imagine that should loosen the purse strings a little in this week before the window closes.

That is what I am trying to say above. 6 figures overall.

My mistake about their allocation though I thought someone said that 40 % allocation in the cup.

I still wouldn't be surprised if they buy plenty tickets in our stands too though.

January window brought us CBM and R Taylor I believe. Hope this one adds guys who perform at least as well and ideally one who is on it right away.

4 minutes ago, medals said:

That is what I am trying to say above. 6 figures overall.

My mistake about their allocation though I thought someone said that 40 % allocation in the cup.

I still wouldn't be surprised if they buy plenty tickets in our stands too though.

January window brought us CBM and R Taylor I believe. Hope this one adds guys who perform at least as well and ideally one who is on it right away.

Same rules will apply as per league games against the b(h)igots...

Season Ticket holders and fans registered on the club database who have attended at least 2 previous home games this season only.

On 21/01/2024 at 17:42, btb said:

Apparently Martindale has said the fee will be "nominal" - for a guy who's just turned 28, is out of contract at the end of the season and has yet to score a league goal this season I'd say even that's too much.

100k + add ons + 15% sell on is the apparent deal we've accepted

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Definitely not be us then.

I think it's between Exeter and Motherwell, or so the article on the Record said. Seems like it's Exeter he's away to

28 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I think it's between Exeter and Motherwell, or so the article on the Record said. Seems like it's Exeter he's away to

Which makes the James Scott leaving Exeter story make sense.

Motherwell, Dundee, Ross County and ourselves interested in him apparently.

I'm not a huge fan of him but at only 23 with a £1.5m transfer behind him and being a former Robbo player, he probably fits the mould in terms of style and the age bracket we tend to look at.

We also would struggle to get anyone of a higher profile on a permanent deal in January so I guess it would make some sense that we are after him.

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Which makes the James Scott leaving Exeter story make sense.

Motherwell, Dundee, Ross County and ourselves interested in him apparently.

I'm not a huge fan of him but at only 23 with a £1.5m transfer behind him and being a former Robbo player, he probably fits the mould in terms of style and the age bracket we tend to look at.

We also would struggle to get anyone of a higher profile on a permanent deal in January so I guess it would make some sense that we are after him.

Played 21 games scoring 2 goals. Would rather we were not in the mix to sign him. 

We have enough low scoring players

8 hours ago, AW saint said:

Played 21 games scoring 2 goals. Would rather we were not in the mix to sign him. 

We have enough low scoring players

Which "high scoring" players do you suggest we look to sign instead ?

We need to be realistic and Scott still has plenty potential. Pretty much the type of player we should be looking at given out budget.

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

100k + add ons + 15% sell on is the apparent deal we've accepted

Not what I would call "nominal" but congrats, I'm sure it will help you in the Championship next season. :P

Martindale deserves Manager of the Month for pulling off that deal!

Edited by btb

28 minutes ago, btb said:

Martindale deserves Manager of the Month for pulling off that deal!

He'd probably have gotten more if he hadnt spent the last 12 months telling Nouble hes not wanted and needs to move, refusing to sell him cheap, and simultaneously making no club bid high because hes telling them all that Livi are skint.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Out of interest, why do people think Nahmani hasn't been played all that much?

It's a year's loan with possible permanent deal at the end, going by the now deleted (web archived) official club announcement: https://web.archive.org/web/20230701114144/https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/5002-stav-nahmani-to-join-on-loan-subject-to-work-permit-and-clearance

I'm not looking for any conspiracy theories or something to blame the club and/or player, just interested in why he's not been given the time. Skill issue? Personal issue? etc..

18 minutes ago, Ric said:

Out of interest, why do people think Nahmani hasn't been played all that much?

It's a year's loan with possible permanent deal at the end, going by the now deleted (web archived) official club announcement: https://web.archive.org/web/20230701114144/https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/5002-stav-nahmani-to-join-on-loan-subject-to-work-permit-and-clearance

I'm not looking for any conspiracy theories or something to blame the club and/or player, just interested in why he's not been given the time. Skill issue? Personal issue? etc..

So maybe the deal to sign him is cheaper if he doesn't reach a certain number of appearances?

Maybe like Taylor and CBM the coaching staff want him to learn the SR way before they got a more regular run.

In Stav's case, maybe he needs to bulk up a fair bit.