The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

4 minutes ago, Marko van Haddock said:

Stav now away. Personally think we are weaker post window up front than we were pre as far as goal threat concerned with Stav and Alex away. A bit concerned to be honest. 

I actually thought Stav had something to offer, but we still have Ayunga, Scott, Mandron, Jamieson, and Olusanya up front, plenty of options.

We have a few options in the striking department,but none of them are anywhere near close to scoring enough goals that will hopefully get us in with a chance of pushing for a European place, or top six if that’s more realistic.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

We have a few options in the striking department,but none of them are anywhere near close to scoring enough goals that will hopefully get us in with a chance of pushing for a European place, or top six if that’s more realistic.

Top 6 is not really anything for me. If it’s not a European place then I’m not really that excited about it. 6th-10th meh. I know there’s a monetary aspect to it, but that’s more an issue for the club than the supporters really. I think I was more annoyed with us finishing 6th last season and missing out on a European place, than I would’ve been if we’d just finished a steady comfortable 7th.

On 31/01/2024 at 21:09, medals said:

Is this it?

In
Scott
Kwon,
Elvis,
Brown

Out
Greive
Small
Nahmani

Lennon
Gilmarton
Offord 

Ok those last 2 just relocated, but hopefully for further development and a better contribution to us financially. 

We've lost 5th and 6th choice strikers and a cover for LB that hardly got game time.

3 ins already contributing. 

And 2 guys on PCA's for the summer.

It all looks positive so long as we improve on current form a fair bit. 

I asked if this was it, and other than Sutherland going out it was....

Unless there are free agents we might consider.

I think our business was pretty decent.

We've not over stretched and if the squad play nearer their best regularly, who knows where it might take us.

Budget wise at best we're 9th but we're up in the top 6 and can stay there if we kick on like the early season form. The prizes are attainable.

3 or more wins in the next 5 games will bring some positivity ✨️ and Scott getting his 1st Saints goals.

Stav is a strange one. He looked a player but only Robbo knows why he didnt play more. 

I felt we were top heavy with the amount of strikers we had. 6 into 2 doesn't add up. 

My issue is we have a number of strikers who won't get the type of numbers that we need to stay top 6. 

Killie have an abundance of strikers but they cant all play. May have a couple of fecked off players not getting a game. 

James scott could be a surprise package for us. I live in hope. 

Just saw that Thierry Small has left Southampton. I'm guessing he'll end up at a League 1/2 club down south, but it's been a bit of a fall from grace for a young player that was very highly rated.

Edit: signed for Charlton in league 1.

Edited by houston_bud

1 hour ago, billyg said:

That doesn't seem to be the case , apparently Motherwell put their cards on the table during the first week of January and we immediately trumped them , so this has been in the works for weeks. 

Robbo quoted as saying we looked at it when he became available “it was a lead we followed at the last minute.” 

18 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Did we announce who the 2 PCAs are? Not seen anything but had read they’d be announced when the window closed.

No but will do in due course.

Front runners are Spittal and Slattery.

11 minutes ago, callum-g said:

Robbo quoted as saying we looked at it when he became available “it was a lead we followed at the last minute.” 

Kinda suggests that we were used to bump up what Killie had to pay?

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No they aren't.

One of them certainly is, the front runners aren't both.

So who is the other then? You think it is Bedeau

Edited by medals

11 minutes ago, medals said:

3 goals in 22 games this season, no chance

I heard Anderson was going to Rugby Park , but I know Robinson was desperate to get him in last summer and was priced out !

1 hour ago, callum-g said:

I know he said that , the info about us being in for him early in January came from the Groningen end !