The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

4 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Anyone know when the final league fixtures are released ?

They were announced 25th April last season, the Tuesday after the last round of games played on the weekend.

So maybe this time next week.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I'm hoping that Fraser Taylor comes back and has matured enough to compete for a first XI place.

He scored for Ballymena at the weekend, in a rare victory for them this season. Their league operates a split similar to our Premiership, even after their win at the weekend they are still sitting second bottom. I don't know what the relegation criteria is in their leagues. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I'm hoping that Fraser Taylor comes back and has matured enough to compete for a first XI place.

Sure we'd all love that but it's not very likely.

Think he'll be back out on loan again, hopefully at a better team and he'd really kick on, then who knows....

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I think that supports my "hardly outstanding" observation.

Even Jamieson stood out for ICT at a higher level, and he's finding it difficult at the top level.

Would love him to make the step up, but I just can't see it.

Wasn't it Henderson who had a good spell at Caley Thistle, or did Jamieson have one too? Is he injured now as he seems to have disappeared from the squad after getting a decent chunk of game time. Always felt more optimistic about Offord's chances rather than Jamieson but that was based on their stats and little else.

If Gogic leaves, where do people think he'll go? Only realistic options I can see in Scotland are Killie, Motherwell and Dundee. Guess if one of them is in Europe that convince him.

42 minutes ago, Stu said:

If Gogic leaves, where do people think he'll go? Only realistic options I can see in Scotland are Killie, Motherwell and Dundee. Guess if one of them is in Europe that convince him.

Dundee ? Based on their recently published accounts and financial projections, it looks like Dundee have been overspending by an average of almost £60k a week for the last two years. Surely they should be tightening up on the big wages for a while ?

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Dundee ? Based on their recently published accounts and financial projections, it looks like Dundee have been overspending by an average of almost £60k a week for the last two years. Surely they should be tightening up on the big wages for a while ?

You're aware this is Dundee you're talking about?

Shawn Rooney seems to have fallen out of favour, wonder if he fancies coming back up the road? The lad Hartridge at Exeter also looks a decent left sided centre half and is out of contract. I’m sure Martin Fowler has been putting in the miles and we will turn up some good replacements.

4 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Shawn Rooney seems to have fallen out of favour, wonder if he fancies coming back up the road? The lad Hartridge at Exeter also looks a decent left sided centre half and is out of contract. I’m sure Martin Fowler has been putting in the miles and we will turn up some good replacements.

Martin Foyle will certainly be putting the miles. Martin Fowler seems rooted in the East End of London 😉

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I cant see him going to another Scottish club. Hibs let him go so clubs with better finances than us are unlikely to be interested, while Killie, Well and Dundee are similar level clubs to us, so why not just stay?

If he doesnt stay my money is on a return home to Cyprus, i know he has a young family bur not sure where they are based but that could be the deciding factor.

38 minutes ago, Marko van Haddock said:

Martin Foyle will certainly be putting the miles. Martin Fowler seems rooted in the East End of London 😉

That was autocorrect at its best. My English team is Port Vale 😉

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Wasn't it Henderson who had a good spell at Caley Thistle, or did Jamieson have one too? Is he injured now as he seems to have disappeared from the squad after getting a decent chunk of game time. Always felt more optimistic about Offord's chances rather than Jamieson but that was based on their stats and little else.

I seem to remember that the ICT fans were keen to have Jamieson back on loan.

I may be wrong..................

I think Gogic was looking at Europe the last time he signed for us, so that might be on the cards again. 

1 minute ago, saintmurn said:

I'm not a big fan of him but Liam Kelly is out of contract at the end of the season and we'll be looking for Hemmings replacement, assuming he heads back to Middlesbrough.

Please god no!

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

Has he left Eastenders then?:rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

I'm not a big fan of him but Liam Kelly is out of contract at the end of the season and we'll be looking for Hemmings replacement, assuming he heads back to Middlesbrough.

I take it you didn't see his effort to catch a corner at Dundee at the weekend  😂

I would hope we try and get 2 new strikers in and it wouldn't worry me if Ayunga and Mandron were put out on loan. 

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

He scored for Ballymena at the weekend, in a rare victory for them this season. Their league operates a split similar to our Premiership, even after their win at the weekend they are still sitting second bottom. I don't know what the relegation criteria is in their leagues. 

19 minutes ago, Molotov said:

IMG_1814.gif.6b01f13c8300db0bf13d61fc7ce50e5d.gif

Currently on target for the first hat trick of administrations.

They posted a £ 2.9 million loss for last year - and this season's wage bill won't have helped them for this year.

at the year-end, there was a deficit of £6,249,728 - nearly double the 2022 figure 

Edited by medals

1 hour ago, tam the bud said:

I take it you didn't see his effort to catch a corner at Dundee at the weekend  😂

I would hope we try and get 2 new strikers in and it wouldn't worry me if Ayunga and Mandron were put out on loan. 

Ayunga's recently signed a new deal and Mandron is our top scorer with double figures but aye, they'll go out on loan. 👍