The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

31 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Not really but sort of. Neither of the jobs he took were clubs in positions to succeed.

I mean, his numbers don't look good but Oldham were a fucking basket case when he left us to take over there while Morecambe were playing at League 1 level for (I think) the first time in their history.

When he took over at Oldham he inherited a squad consisting of something like 3 (THREE) players and a chairman who was *difficult*.

'Were' is being kind.

They are on their sixteenth manager since Robinson left in 2017. Only 3 of them caretakers.

The last gaffer they had to make it to 100 games in charge was Lee Johnson from 2013-2015. Since then they've had 21 folk in the dugout and have averaged 22 games per managerial stint. Absolutely mental.

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Silly Mackems. Fcuk um’. Philosophy. Fcuk sake, I thought it was West Ham & Spurs that wanked themselves to sleep with their ‘philosophy’.

And hibs 

Style is for "whatever minority group it's still acceptable to abuse - Mackems, Monkey Hangers & Sneckies" points is what counts and Robinson's doing a fine job.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Ultimately Morecambe fans don't like him because he arrived at their club with a grand sales pitch about long-term plans and how he was going to do this, that and the other while signing players and expanding their backroom staff by adding the likes of Martin Foyle only to f**k off after 6 months.

Someone will put me right if I’ve got this wrong, but when Robbo’ arrived at St Mirren, and addressed the fans with a microphone in hand, he said something along the lines of ‘I’m just a guy from Belfast, I’ll work hard to bring you a team you can be proud of’ - or along those lines. Hit the right tone IMHO. To be fair, he’s delivered exactly that.

Posted (edited)

I've seen a lot of iterations of a Robinson team now and I must admit I don't understand this 'style of play' label thrown at him. 

Maybe St Mirren fans will be tell me otherwise but any time I watch a side of his, I see a fully committed team that play decent football and work like f**k. Case in point the last time they played Dundee and blew us away. 

The only problem he would have down there is he starts off on the back foot as Sunderland fans won't see it as a big enough name.

Edited by Pens_Dark

(iirc) After Goodwin had a run of ‘easy’ games to put points on the board, Robbo joined the club when the fixtures were more difficult. When the results didn’t come, he ‘blamed’ the players, saying it would take time to get his own players in (obviously) and faced a backlash from players and fans alike. Given that man-management was seen as one of his strengths, it was no surprise that a number of our fans were very concerned, especially after the Stubbs debacle. Thankfully, he quickly realised the error of his ways and, after some reflection, has become a better manager and a genuinely good guy. In Robbo we trust!

20 minutes ago, Kempes said:

(iirc) After Goodwin had a run of ‘easy’ games to put points on the board, Robbo joined the club when the fixtures were more difficult. When the results didn’t come, he ‘blamed’ the players, saying it would take time to get his own players in (obviously) and faced a backlash from players and fans alike. Given that man-management was seen as one of his strengths, it was no surprise that a number of our fans were very concerned, especially after the Stubbs debacle. Thankfully, he quickly realised the error of his ways and, after some reflection, has become a better manager and a genuinely good guy. In Robbo we trust!

He ostracised all the players from the Republic of Ireland and also sarcastically applauded our support.

Guardiola has ruined football, and particularly down in English football were galaxy brain syndrome is rife amongst fan bases.

You just have to look at how they slaver over failures like Russell Martin because every 24 games they score a goal in a move that starts with the keeper.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Indeed. It certainly came as no surprise to me.

Knickerwetting combined with general ignorance regarding how to manage a football team are core traits within some of our support.

Edited by FTOF

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Guardiola has ruined football, and particularly down in English football were galaxy brain syndrome is rife amongst fan bases.

You just have to look at how they slaver over failures like Russell Martin because every 24 games they score a goal in a move that starts with the keeper.

Done well in injury time to secure a draw away to one of the uglies it’s utterly sublime! 😂 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Done well in injury time to secure a draw away to one of the uglies it’s utterly sublime! 😂 

VAR would have found a reason to disallow that. Someone farted in a previous ‘phase’.

That was the game and that was the goal that spelled the beginning of the end for Oldco, that and beating them on Christmas Eve of that season after they'd been reduced to 9 men - hell we even let Aaron Mooy come off his 🚲 to score that afternoon! 🤣

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

He ostracised all the players from the Republic of Ireland and also sarcastically applauded our support.

I dont recall any ostracising. Big Joe was captain, Ronan one our main players, McCarthy was injured and Power was shite.

On 16/05/2024 at 20:42, zildjian said:

I had same issue. Ended up going to box office to sort. They did suggest it could be the file format uploaded as proof might not be recognised. I was using jpg, maybe try a pdf? 

I had an issue with uploading my boy's proof of age.

When I tried to upload any type of file using my tablet I got kicked out of the system (very frustrating as you have to wait 15 minutes to get back in).

Switched to the laptop and it wouldn't accept PDFs. A JPG was fine though. 

Checked the season ticket "app" on my phone and it appeared immediately. Good to go!

42 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

When I tried to upload any type of file using my tablet I got kicked out of the system (very frustrating as you have to wait 15 minutes to get back in).

Checked the season ticket "app" on my phone and it appeared immediately. Good to go!

Yeah. I had a passport for an under 12 as well to provide proof of. I just jumped down today on my way to gym and both tickets were all renewed and sorted in 3 minutes. 

46 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I phoned up my renewal and the ticket office returned my call , i paid over the phone , then emailed proof of age for concession tickets . Lady on the phone was very helpful.