The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Have they not just been handed 1 million into their player budget by a new investor I'm sure I read that somewhere ? 

Ok. Maybe I’m fishing, but money does not equal success. If it did we would not be in Europe. 
Hibs are perennial fuckups.
Malky is a dick and they’ve appointed a manager puppet.  They’ve got no money, because they’re paying off the last fifteen shitty appointments. 

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

with Taylor developing means that unless we bring somebody in who is a massive upgrade on Taylor, you'll have two guys who feel they should be starting every week at LCB and only one shirt available.

Isn't that already the case as our 1st choice in CB's late last season was Fraser before Taylor, Gogic and Bolton (RCB)

9 hours ago, Friskysteed said:

Ok. Maybe I’m fishing, but money does not equal success. If it did we would not be in Europe. 
Hibs are perennial fuckups.
Malky is a dick and they’ve appointed a manager puppet.  They’ve got no money, because they’re paying off the last fifteen shitty appointments. 

They also could sell Youan for well over £1 million reportedly, but your point is valid.

Track record there is so poor.

Anyway what we gonna do with the Mandron and/or Sutherland dosh?

6 minutes ago, medals said:

They also could sell Youan for well over £1 million reportedly, but your point is valid.

Track record there is so poor.

Anyway what we gonna do with the Mandron and/or Sutherland dosh?

They have just apparently knocked back a £2.5m offer for him. Must be more interest in him to knock back that sort of money.

1 minute ago, smellthepaw said:

They have just apparently knocked back a £2.5m offer for him. Must be more interest in him to knock back that sort of money.

Hard to believe if true - even if it was euros. He's a hot and cold sort but there is potential and pace.

What's Madron worth then?

Quick question on season tickets. 
If you go for the digital wallet option, is it transferable or if you want someone else to be able to use your ticket, do you need to go for the physical card option?

Also I assume the digital wallet option is that it just sits in your Apple Wallet like an airline boarding pass?

Is the digital wallet option the same as the St Mirren app available for download? There's an option on that to transfer your ticket. 

Rather than transferring, I think just taking a screenshot of the QR code and sending them that would work. 

Edited by saintmurn

1 hour ago, saintmurn said:

Is the digital wallet option the same as the St Mirren app available for download? There's an option on that to transfer your ticket. 

Rather than transferring, I think just taking a screenshot of the QR code and sending them that would work. 

Not sure mate. Was hoping an existing STH that has the digital wallet option would be able to let me know.

I'm genuinely not just trying to avoid the extra £8 for a physical card 🤣. Just the inconvenience of having to always have the card. However, if I can't give the digital version to someone else when I know I'm only likely to make it to half the games, then the card is a better option. I know that some of the more recent digital tickets I've had for certain events cannot be screenshot. You just get a black screen.

15 minutes ago, Kempes said:

I just get the physical card, it’s ‘only’ £4.

I get the physical card too. Still hanging onto the matchday ritual of ‘jacket, house keys, car keys, wallet, season ticket…check.’

Personally, I’d like the option to have a half inch thick book of tear-off tickets, get to the turnstiles, and see chalked above each turnstile ‘ticket No 89’… even though it’s the first home game of the new season. 😃

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not sure mate. Was hoping an existing STH that has the digital wallet option would be able to let me know.

I'm genuinely not just trying to avoid the extra £8 for a physical card 🤣. Just the inconvenience of having to always have the card. However, if I can't give the digital version to someone else when I know I'm only likely to make it to half the games, then the card is a better option. I know that some of the more recent digital tickets I've had for certain events cannot be screenshot. You just get a black screen.

I don't have the card so must've selected the digital wallet version (there's only two options right?) so use the app to scan my ticket to the game. There's a transfer option on there or you could send a screenshot to someone else if they want to attend instead. 

Decent enough schedule for pre-season. Nice to see us doing away with the 'alternate grounds' for the Morton friendly and gracing them with our presence year after year instead.

In all seriousness though, it's likely to do with letting the new surface bed in a wee bit longer then giving us two mid July games against English sides to get accustomed to the pitch.

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Quick question on season tickets. 
If you go for the digital wallet option, is it transferable or if you want someone else to be able to use your ticket, do you need to go for the physical card option?

Also I assume the digital wallet option is that it just sits in your Apple Wallet like an airline boarding pass?

The QR code doesn't change from game to game so you can screenshot it in the app at the start of the season and never have to open the app again. If someone else is to use then you just WhatsApp them the screenshot.

I have mine in Google Wallet so go into that at the turnstile.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The QR code doesn't change from game to game so you can screenshot it in the app at the start of the season and never have to open the app again. If someone else is to use then you just WhatsApp them the screenshot.

I have mine in Google Wallet so go into that at the turnstile.

Thanks mate. I’ll remember that for next season. 👍

Anyway, 2 new season ticket holders added to the pile today. 👍

22 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thanks mate. I’ll remember that for next season. 👍

Anyway, 2 new season ticket holders added to the pile today. 👍

I think if you order the card you can still use the app. One of my pals forgot his card last season but just downloaded the app and signed in outside the gate.