The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

15 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Looked offside….

not such a great deal between the teams, yes the home side looks slightly better quality..........but only just

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Whoever we play I think we should win, they both look mince.

don't be so blooming cocky, this is St Mirren, we excel at dragging defeat from the jaws of victory..................hopefully not.

1 minute ago, jaybeee said:

don't be so blooming cocky, this is St Mirren, we excel at dragging defeat from the jaws of victory..................hopefully not.

So true. 

Olusanya should have a field day running at these defences though

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Whoever we play I think we should win, they both look mince.

You should win but it's basically your first competitive game of the season. The one good thing is your basically sorted squad wise. Now it's just up to the daft c***s on the park....are they ready?

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You should win but it's basically your first competitive game of the season. The one good thing is your basically sorted squad wise. Now it's just up to the daft c***s on the park....are they ready?

Both friendlies were played at a decent and competitive pace so far with two to come so hopefully that cancels those worries out.

Both these sides look really poor, especially defensively.

11 hours ago, Eednud said:

This site has had links to most of the games this week. Check it  a few hours before kickoff.
http://www.fawanews.com

Ta for the link.

1st half Val (home) most possession.

VLL dirtier and better in the air.

Both sides can pass it about fine.

Neither look that great so far

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Both friendlies were played at a decent and competitive pace so far with two to come so hopefully that cancels those worries out.

Both these sides look really poor, especially defensively.

Get through it then throw everything at a quality side with a great away day. It's where the competition really starts imo.

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Get through it then throw everything at a quality side with a great away day. It's where the competition really starts imo.

Just hope we get through and are away first in the next round, the wean is desperate to go but the second leg is the night before he starts High School. 

8 hours ago, Hendo said:

The other team from Reykavik had 810 watching their Champions League qualifier the other night - if Valur have similar we still might get 400 - 500 tickets which might be enough.

Tonight it's only at about 1/2 full

I notice from a club tweet that Gallagher Lennon is representing Northern Ireland at U19 level.

Given the hassle his Dad had at international level, I’m surprised he didn’t advise him to plump for Scotland.  Especially as I assume the boy was born in Scotland as he was born when his dad was playing for Celtic. 

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Just hope we get through and are away first in the next round, the wean is desperate to go but the second leg is the night before he starts High School. 

have a look at yourself pal,he’s got years ahead to go to school

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

If you're unseeded in the 3rd round you usually play your home tie first. I'm sure that's the way it worked for us anyway.