The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Shat it and cashed out when 6 minutes added was announced.

Screenshot_20240711_215237_Chrome.jpg

that was a stroke og genius my friend, if you have dreams about next weeks lotto numbers gies a bell.

7 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

2-2 FT.

Albanians with the edge though you'd say... 11°C in Reykjavik tonight to 30°C in Shkodër next week.

38 degrees forecast for next week, and for the week after if we end up there.

Definitely think it's advantage Vllanzia because of this. I thought Valur in general play looked better but their final ball and finishing was atrocious. Most of their joy came down the left. Gylfi looks and plays like a guy who used to be a professional now playing 5's with his pals.

The Albanians take play acting to a whole new level.

Just now, Hendo said:

Definitely think it's advantage Vllanzia because of this. I thought Valur in general play looked better but their final ball and finishing was atrocious. Most of their joy came down the left. Gylfi looks and plays like a guy who used to be a professional now playing 5's with his pals.

This stuck out for me right through the game...

8 hours ago, meadowroadsaint said:

This stuck out for me right through the game...

The joys of the early rounds, some of these sides excel in that side of the game. Combine it with a weak referee and it can totally f**k you no matter how much better a side you are. Once you calm down you'll end up admiring how they fucking do it.

8 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Wonder if the trialist is still with us?

I’d say he’s definitely worth another look, and will probably be given another run out at some point in tomorrows game v Fleetwood.

12 hours ago, Hendo said:

I thought for large periods of the second half at least, Valur looked the better side. First half matched a bit more.

Vllaznia went all in for 50\50 challenges, hence the bookings.

Both teams looked terrible in front of goal for the chances they had...like really bad. When Vllaznia went down to 10 men and broke away for what would be the goal, I kept saying, hit it, hit it, as there were very few chances outside the box with that kind of space. He did and took it well.

I personally thought both teams didn't look any better than a mid-table Scottish championship team ,if that, which gives me hope of having a chance. It's just how we deal with playing in unknown territory in another country. Vllaznia accustomed to playing in the heat, Valur on their surface.

This bodes well for a potential tie against the Albanian team....................:rolleyes:

St Mirren watch as Conference League rivals explode at each other in astonishing rammy as vile threat made - Daily Record

Post-match reports suggest that the referee was spat on and had water bottles thrown at him. The final whistle triggered clashes between the players and fights in the stands, with Albanian fans clashing with home security guards. Icelandic media reported that the situation escalated to such an extent that Vllaznia's board members 'directly threatened Valur's board members with death' ahead of their travel to Albania for the return fixture.

The Albanians complaining to the referee after the final whistle in the video below. Struggling to work out what the perceived injustice was though. Maybe thinking a handball or a foul on the keeper before the equaliser. Can't see anything wrong myself.

4 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The Albanians complaining to the referee after the final whistle in the video below. Struggling to work out what the perceived injustice was though. Maybe thinking a handball or a foul on the keeper before the equaliser. Can't see anything wrong myself.

Six minutes of added time was signalled, but nine minutes were actually played.

I believe that fuelled their sense of injustice.