The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, Jersey Bud said:

What are the chances of Saints getting an increased allocation if we end up playing in Iceland? And if we do the chances of a non season ticket holder getting one? 

Albania would be a no-goer due the logistics of it, but can do Iceland relatively easily from Jersey on a 2 day trip via Luton.

Tempted to just go ahead and book it next Thursday anyway if that’s where we’re playing and take my chances of getting a ticket over there, thoughts? 

I was speaking to a guy who is going to Albania in two weeks. Asked how he is getting there  told me direct flight from Edinburgh, Ryanair to Tirana. 

5 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I was speaking to a guy who is going to Albania in two weeks. Asked how he is getting there  told me direct flight from Edinburgh, Ryanair to Tirana. 

That flight has now sold out.

Screenshot_20240713_135331.jpg

Started well, but Fleetwood better team for next 15 minutes.  They seem to have a few tricky players.  And they are playing this like a cup tie.

Halt finished pretty even.  Most chances being created through defensive mistakes.  

Bizarrely the Fleetwood fans are singing about England and “you can stick the Tartan Army up your arse”.  

And the voices leading them sound broad Glaswegian.

Wonder if Charlie Adam has a few mates in with the Fleetwood fans?

Edited by Bobby_F

6 minutes ago, zildjian said:

I thought we were pretty dire to be honest. 

We were.  And they deserve to be ahead.  But not much in it.  

We do look quite a bit away from being ready for the start of competitive football.  

Would it be too dramatic to say that it’s a sad indictment of the Scottish Premiership that one of its better teams can’t even beat an EFL2 side?

Or are we saying it’s a pre season friendly and if we played this fixture in the middle of the season we’d smash them?

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Would it be too dramatic to say that it’s a sad indictment of the Scottish Premiership that one of its better teams can’t even beat an EFL2 side?

Or are we saying it’s a pre season friendly and if we played this fixture in the middle of the season we’d smash them?

We lose to these teams pre season every year, it's why I don't go, meaningless in the grand scheme of things. 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

We lose to these teams pre season every year, it's why I don't go, meaningless in the grand scheme of things. 

Agree totally but unfortunately it’s the only chance we get to compare the standard. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The knickerwetters seem to love a meaningless friendly defeat or a draw.😀

Edited by FTOF