The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The difficulty is I wasn't successful in the ballot, so while I know there will probably be another ballot tomorrow, I'm not booking until we know we have tickets, by which time god knows what the prices will be.

There will be absolutely zero difficulty getting a ticket over there mate. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

There will be absolutely zero difficulty getting a ticket over there mate. 

Yeah most travelling without a ticket. We will all see the game I’m sure. 

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

£800 quid flights

£12 a pint

12 degrees and pishing it down the whole time we are there….

Bring it on!

I was in Iceland in January and got pints in a bar called Bravo on Laugavegur in Reykjavik for roughly £5 a time during their happy hour, which lasted around 5 hours. 

11 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I was in Iceland in January and got pints in a bar called Bravo on Laugavegur in Reykjavik for roughly £5 a time during their happy hour, which lasted around 5 hours. 

Top man - just saved me about £200!

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

£800 quid flights

£12 a pint

12 degrees and pishing it down the whole time we are there….

Bring it on!

Sounds like Edinburgh during the Festival but change a hotel room for a flight and a large glass of red. 

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Could we not do a beam back and show it at the club

That's a great idea! I would pay £10 to watch it!

I must admit to finding the emphatic nature of Valur's win a bit disconcerting! I would be gutted if we go out at this stage. Plus it just give ammunition to all the gimps that said we shouldn't be there.

4 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

That's a great idea! I would pay £10 to watch it!

I must admit to finding the emphatic nature of Valur's win a bit disconcerting! I would be gutted if we go out at this stage. Plus it just give ammunition to all the gimps that said we shouldn't be there.

Valur are already ahead of our schedule especially when it comes to competitive games.
Robbo and his squad will not underestimate our opponents but let’s just remember our opening games in the League Cup last season. 

3 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Valur are already ahead of our schedule especially when it comes to competitive games.
Robbo and his squad will not underestimate our opponents but let’s just remember our opening games in the League Cup last season. 

That's what's giving me the fear! I will take anything, so long as we progress.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Absolutely. We’ve seen many Scottish clubs fall at this first hurdle. 

Our first competitive match against a team that regularly play in Europe, and they’re midway through their season. It’s going to be a very tough tie.  

7 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Absolutely. We’ve seen many Scottish clubs fall at this first hurdle. 

Our first competitive match against a team that regularly play in Europe, and they’re midway through their season. It’s going to be a very tough tie.  

Strangely though, they have an away league game the Monday before they play us. Hopefully they are knackered.

Fotmob (fwiw) saying 7pm ko next Thursday. All 3 Icelandic teams appear to be playing at the same time in the Conference. Other 2 opponents from Albania (again) and Estonia. 

ETA 4 Icelandic teams at home that night. Two play Albanian opposition.

Further edit, 2 of the games are in Reykjavik the other 2 are in different towns.

Edited by Billy Jean King

I’m still thinking along the lines of maybe a six month loan deal for a player who can give us cover for Conor McMenamin or Gregg Kiltie.

Possibly a couple of young players going out on loan would fund such a move? Or maybe Robbo thinks we can go with the current squad, until both players come back from injury.

2 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m still thinking along the lines of maybe a six month loan deal for a player who can give us cover for Conor McMenamin or Gregg Kiltie.

Possibly a couple of young players going out on loan would fund such a move? Or maybe Robbo thinks we can go with the current squad, until both players come back from injury.

I haven't believed a word of Robbo's proclamations along the lines of "That's it for signings. The squad is complete " since he arrived.

Despite what he says, I'm sure there will be funds released for a player to sort the issue you refer to, if he feels it's necessary.

I also reckon we'll see a right sided CB of some sort arriving too.