The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, saintmurn said:

That's what we've went with. Got seats right next to there. 

No moaning next time you are sitting  next to Rangers or Celtic fans at a home Old Firm match.

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

No moaning next time you are sitting  next to Rangers or Celtic fans at a home Old Firm match.

Eh? 

big difference is we (hopefully) won’t be a bunch ignorant fannys 

8 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Good new is my Season ticket been delivered   😀

Bad news is i am going in for an knee op 2 days before the Valur game, so will certainly miss that and likely the Hibs game as well   😭

I got a very nice call from the ticket office to say mine was ready and did I want it posted out or collected. Said I was coming up for the Valur/Hibs games so would collect it then. 
Very good service. 👍

5 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Will BBC Scotland be likely to broadcast the game on Thursday? They showed all Hibs' European games last season.

no chance with the killie game being on but depending how our first leg goes i would not be surprised if the second leg is broadcast 

Only about 20 seats left in the whole stand, hope they let us all in 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

5 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Thoughts on what kind of level Valur are at?

I know it's a part-time league but they've got plenty of experience and a number of guys who have played outside Iceland.

Raith Rovers, Partick Thistle equivalent? 

To me, on paper we should win the tie but it'll be tough with them being right in the thick of competitive football. Would take a draw at their place I think.

I don’t know what the team is like, but their feeshal’ club website is a dug’s dinner.

https://www.valur.is

Had a wee dip in, my head hurts. 

Edited by pozbaird

That seems ridiculously easy to buy a ticket for the game over there. Looks like bar their ST holders we might have the whole stand 😅. I see the club update was that they were currently in discussions with Valur how exactly the ballot winners will be able to obtain their ticket as it's totally app based. I can't see any way they can restrict it to ballot winners only if as it suggests we will need to buy direct. Would be so typically SMFC if there is a f**k up here !!!

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Got my season ticket card there too.

Missing the first game of the season through my own stupidity.

Not had mine yet but plenty of time to get it through

1 hour ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

That's the home end sold out. Gutted I missed the rush, didn't even realise the link was live. Looks like Firestick for me.

I decided not to buy because -

I've still not got travel sorted because flight prices are very high;

I have integrity and wouldn't want to deny a Valur fan seeing their team play;

Even though me and my son both have fairish hair so could pass for Icelandic, my grasp of the language is very poor so we'd get caught.

I'm hoping there is now an outcry from Valur fans and they move it to the national stadium.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I decided not to buy because -

I've still not got travel sorted because flight prices are very high;

I have integrity and wouldn't want to deny a Valur fan seeing their team play;

Even though me and my son both have fairish hair so could pass for Icelandic, my grasp of the language is very poor so we'd get caught.

I'm hoping there is now an outcry from Valur fans and they move it to the national stadium.

Is it not a bit of a leap to assume that all these tickets have been gobbled up by travelling saints fans, just because literally a handful of folk on here have bought one. 
Every chance Valur’s progression and performance in the second leg has tempted a few more locals out. 

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Is it not a bit of a leap to assume that all these tickets have been gobbled up by travelling saints fans, just because literally a handful of folk on here have bought one. 
Every chance Valur’s progression and performance in the second leg has tempted a few more locals out. 

I suspect there will be a good few hundred in the stadium. Not long to wait to find out.

5 minutes ago, SaintSamuel said:

We can’t ever again moan about OF buying up home tickets. In fact, the behaviour of our support is arguably worse. Generally OF fans aren’t taking tickets away from loyal home fans. We’ve scooped up tickets in the home end that means fans of the home side will be missing out on a European tie. 

We really don't know that at this stage. This is pure conjecture until we see how the crowd is come Thursday. Saints fans might have bought hundreds or a couple of dozen. 

ETA interesting first post 🤔

Edited by Billy Jean King