The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

30 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's what we say about St Johnstone, so perhaps you have a point.

If you want to say letting Old Firm fans into the home end of stadiums is fine, and take the piss out clubs because their support size, then I think it says a lot about your character.

According to Google the Burgh have a bigger capacity than Valur. 

It’s no surprise that when demand for tickets for our first European game in 37 years means that our supporters are forced into buying tickets in the designated home end. 

If Valur wanted to stop this happening then there are ways to do so. 

If there are no regulations or restrictions buying tickets to watch a football match then as long as people are respectful of others in the ground I see no issue.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you want to say letting Old Firm fans into the home end of stadiums is fine, and take the piss out clubs because their support size, then I think it says a lot about your character.

:lol:

Deary me. You really show yourself up sometimes.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Being genuine when I say this is one of the most "Old Firm-y" posts I've ever read on here.

Agree the whole scenario is playing out that way too.

- buy tickets for home end when you're playing away

- plan on not hiding allegiance and getting a group of you huddled together in the home end and being boisterous 

- say its fine and mock your smaller opponents because "the home support never fills the stadium anyway"

It's reeking tbh.

Being quite genuine when I say this is something you never need to worry about because old firm fans buy tickets officially for the home stands at your ground. 3 of them. 

I see the Icelandic FA have postponed Valur's Monday night game, to give them and their opponents more time to prepare for their European matches.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Being genuine when I say this is one of the most "Old Firm-y" posts I've ever read on here.

Agree the whole scenario is playing out that way too.

- buy tickets for home end when you're playing away

- plan on not hiding allegiance and getting a group of you huddled together in the home end and being boisterous 

- say its fine and mock your smaller opponents because "the home support never fills the stadium anyway"

It's reeking tbh.

You can buy a ticket as a non supporter for virtually any game in Europe, it's hardly a new phenomena. Since restricting the cheeks to 1 stand (not something you guys would know much about tbf) it has inevitably lead to a few getting in the home end but it's pretty much accepted especially when these games now never get close to selling out. I don't see too much different here plus everyone (including bizarrely fans of clubs not even involved) is jumping to the conclusion that all these tickets have been bought by Saints fans and then that this is somehow going to stop Valur fans getting tickets. I'm mighty sceptical that is the case as Valur could simply put measures in place to stop non locals buying I'm sure if they felt the need. Oh and dont tell me fans of ANY other team in this scenario would not have done the same. Best you climb down from your faux moral high ground.

ETA just had a look on the Valur ticketing site and there are still plenty left so safe to say there is pretty much zero clamour for tickets locally. I will look out for the pitch fork wielding hordes protesting outside on Thursday (oh and I got very luck in the ballot so haven't bought one)

Edited by Billy Jean King

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

According to Google the Burgh have a bigger capacity than Valur. 

It’s no surprise that when demand for tickets for our first European game in 37 years means that our supporters are forced into buying tickets in the designated home end. 

If Valur wanted to stop this happening then there are ways to do so. 

If there are no regulations or restrictions buying tickets to watch a football match then as long as people are respectful of others in the ground I see no issue.

Same happened last time Hearts were in the groups when we went to Riga and Fiorentina.

Neither allocation was close to the demand, so Hearts fans in both cases bought up the sections next to the away end and sat in there together.

Riga openly acknowledged it on their Twitter account and just asked everyone to be nice to each other. Passed with no incident, everyone got along famously. Fiorentina from memory paused sales when they realised what was happening and then basically just accepted it as a defacto enlargement of the away end. Again, passed without incident.

With a few exceptions British clubs see travelling to European games as more of a "thing" than clubs from other countries. Most clubs are happy to just take your money. Don't be dicks and it's fine.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Being quite genuine when I say this is something you never need to worry about because old firm fans buy tickets officially for the home stands at your ground. 3 of them. 

No they don't.

19 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You can buy a ticket as a non supporter for virtually any game in Europe, it's hardly a new phenomena. Since restricting the cheeks to 1 stand (not something you guys would know much about tbf) it has inevitably lead to a few getting in the home end but it's pretty much accepted especially when these games now never get close to selling out. I don't see too much different here plus everyone (including bizarrely fans of clubs not even involved) is jumping to the conclusion that all these tickets have been bought by Saints fans and then that this is somehow going to stop Valur fans getting tickets. I'm mighty sceptical that is the case as Valur could simply put measures in place to stop non locals buying I'm sure if they felt the need. Oh and dont tell me fans of ANY other team in this scenario would not have done the same. Best you climb down from your faux moral high ground.

ETA just had a look on the Valur ticketing site and there are still plenty left so safe to say there is pretty much zero clamour for tickets locally. I will look out for the pitch fork wielding hordes protesting outside on Thursday (oh and I got very luck in the ballot so haven't bought one)

I think the point is Saints fans rushing in and buying tickets could potentially lead to Valur fans missing out, but agree looking at the website there seem to be more tickets now available than there was last night. I'd be raging if there are empty seats on Thursday and I could have got tickets but didn't, so now in a quandary.

Of course, I'm still waiting on price flights to come down to reasonable levels and for them not to involve a 21 hour journey visiting various European airports.

I had three Killie fans sitting next to me at the last game with them. Kept their gobs shut to the extent that I didn't notice they were Killie until well into the second half, and I had zero problem with them being there.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

He was out by one word.

"old firm fans buy tickets officially for the home stands at your ground. 3 of them."

That is a statement of fact.

No it's not.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No it's not.

Both end stands and part of the Main Stand.

Now I'm unsure of the standard of education in Perth but everywhere else in the world that is 3 stands that "old firm fans [can] buy tickets officially for".

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Both end stands and part of the Main Stand.

Now I'm unsure of the standard of education in Perth but everywhere else in the world that is 3 stands that "old firm fans [can] buy tickets officially for".

They get 2 and a bit stands, not 3 stands.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

🤣

Genuinely spat out a bit of coffee there. Brilliant.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Mematic_20240721_140304.jpg

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I had three Killie fans sitting next to me at the last game with them. Kept their gobs shut to the extent that I didn't notice they were Killie until well into the second half, and I had zero problem with them being there.

That is because we know how to behave, with respect.