The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

23 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As Oscar Wilde once said….the only way to resist a temptation is to yield to it……or something like that. 

I think he said something more like 'the only thing I can't resist is temptation'

I'm surprised people are actually suggesting St Mirren fans who have travelled all the way there for their first European game in decades shouldn't buy available seats in the stadium in case some locals decide to go.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Being genuine when I say this is one of the most "Old Firm-y" posts I've ever read on here.

Agree the whole scenario is playing out that way too.

- buy tickets for home end when you're playing away

- plan on not hiding allegiance and getting a group of you huddled together in the home end and being boisterous 

- say its fine and mock your smaller opponents because "the home support never fills the stadium anyway"

It's reeking tbh.

This is why I love P&B, it’s a place where fans of all clubs can post opinions on specific clubs pages and not just an echo chamber.
I have zero opinion on this but keep doing you Bud 👍

51 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

Still tickets available for Thursday if there are some more Saints fans without a ticket or integrity. 

I reckon those Vikings have had enough time to buy, I might come over to the dark side, if I can get there.

48 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I saw there was trouble getting to this one in terms of the price of flights etc. How bad has it been?

No direct flights left, ones from Glasgow are coming in at over a grand each and that's with a stop off and ridiculously early flights on the way back. If you shop around you can get flights for about £700 but this usually involves a tour of various European airports.

There was one deal I saw at £380 return - but it would take 42 hours and arrive after the game is finished!

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

No direct flights left, ones from Glasgow are coming in at over a grand each and that's with a stop off and ridiculously early flights on the way back. If you shop around you can get flights for about £700 but this usually involves a tour of various European airports.

There was one deal I saw at £380 return - but it would take 42 hours and arrive after the game is finished!

Christ.

Me and my mates are European trip geeks. Never fly to where the game is, always have a secondary destination. Obviously with Iceland, this is not possible.

Hope you lads get through this and it's a bit kinder in the next round.

36 minutes ago, Hendo said:

EasyJet have a few seats left for a direct flight back to Edinburgh for 230 if you can find a cheapish and quick flight out 

Just now, WHU said:

EasyJet have a few seats left for a direct flight back to Edinburgh for 230 if you can find a cheapish and quick flight out 

That’s on Saturday morning 

4 hours ago, yenrab said:

I think he said something more like 'the only thing I can't resist is temptation'

“I have nothing to declare except my genius” has always been my favourite Wilde quote.  I’ve always wanted to use that at Linwood International.  

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Ffs didn't realise Rooney is suspended for thursday night

I'd forgotten that. That'll be why he wasn't scheduled to feature on Friday night.

Another, albeit short term, issue caused by not signing a replacement for Bolton.

I think you can safely say, that barring further injuries, (hopefully O'Hara being subbed at HT was precautionary) Friday's starting XI will be what we go with on Thursday.

26 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

“I have nothing to declare except my genius” has always been my favourite Wilde quote.  I’ve always wanted to use that at Linwood International.  

I liked “A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing”. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I liked “A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing”. 

A personal favourite of mine - "He who hingeth aboot getteth heehaw"

End of the day if Valur have a problem with away fans buying tickets for the home end it will be very easy for them to cancel those sales.

The fact they have zero restrictions on the purchasing in the first place suggests they aren’t all that arsed but we will find out for sure in due course.

Very much looking forward to partying with the Icelanders anyway, it’s going to be a brilliant trip and no amount of whining from a St.Johnstone fan is going to change that 😂

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Christ.

Me and my mates are European trip geeks. Never fly to where the game is, always have a secondary destination. Obviously with Iceland, this is not possible.

Hope you lads get through this and it's a bit kinder in the next round.

There are still decent(ish) options from London airports at around £360 but even then flights to Heathrow are £210 and the train racks up even dearer at a FUCKING ridiculous £225 for a return.

All in all, it's been a bit of a shiter for folk like myself who was all in on Albania but recognised pretty early that the chances of an Iceland ticket were slim and weren't willing to risk travel without a ticket, especially as going would 100% rule me out of a future round should we make it.

I flew back from Seattle for the 2010 LC Final and it cost me a fortune…………….fortunately I had enough goodwill in the bank with the wife when 2013 came along that I did it again and after the disappointment of 2010 it was all the better. 🏆
Following your club really is an emotional thing.

Hope everyone traveling has a brilliant time 👏🏻👏🏻